1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
We Are!
3,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Momentarily setting aside the oft-cited concerns about having “gun” stickers on one’s vehicle, I just wanted to share this one that I spotted in the wild recently. I got a chuckle that it appears to depict a 1911.

Revolver

·
Registered
220 Posts
Never understood the whole baby on board warning sticker.
Is your baby's life more important than my wife's or son's life?
And if you are raising him to be a liberal, well then I really don't care.
Over 60 and don't give a crap

·
We Are!
3,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think wayyyy back in the golden days of (maybe) the 1980s or so when the Baby on Board yellow-diamond sign craze got started, the intent was to alert potential rescuers responding to a vehicle crash or other incident to the presence of a baby or small child in the vehicle.

I’m not sure how effective the notion was toward that end, but it sure spawned a lot of knock-offs / attempts at humor / etc.

·
We Are!
3,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
...and, according to that fount of all knowledge (Wikipedia), I must answer myself with a big “nope.”

Apparently the signs were originally intended as just a warning to other motorists that a kiddo was in the car. Interesting.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby_on_board

I think wayyyy back in the golden days of (maybe) the 1980s or so when the Baby on Board yellow-diamond sign craze got started, the intent was to alert potential rescuers responding to a vehicle crash or other incident to the presence of a baby or small child in the vehicle.

I’m not sure how effective the notion was toward that end, but it sure spawned a lot of knock-offs / attempts at humor / etc.

Reactions: isialk

·
Never Forget
9,818 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.