“Bosch” Season 6 on Prime - Any Fans?

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by WhoIsJohnGalt?, Apr 17, 2020.

Tags:
  1. WhoIsJohnGalt?

WhoIsJohnGalt? We Are! Supporting Addict

Feb 20, 2018
    I got hooked on the Amazon Prime series “Bosch” after reading that the protagonist carries a 1911.

A couple of episodes into the new season and it looks like he’s moved from a non-railed to a railed Government Model...anyone else catch this? At least, I think that’s what I’m seeing.

Fiddler1537, 1L26, gps man and 8 others like this.
  2. FNFAN

FNFAN Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

May 15, 2013
    Oh Yeah. It's one of my favorites.

Tom RKBA, simonp and WhoIsJohnGalt? like this.

3. retrieverman

retrieverman Well-Known Member

May 16, 2013
    I just finished The Black Echo on Audible and have watched a couple episodes of the first season of Bosch.

4. Lou1

Lou1 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Sep 1, 2018
    Thanks for the heads up. My wife and I love the show but didn’t know that the 6th season had dropped. We’ll be watching this weekend!

5. cundiff5535

cundiff5535 Chambers Custom Owners Club

Apr 1, 2013
    on season 3 right now... took me a little bit to get into the first season, but now i am hooked!

6. gun_fan111

gun_fan111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2014
    This is where I am too. Amazon sends me plenty of sales ads, you would think they could have notified me of something I actually care about and is on my watch list. Artificial intelligence .

Lou1, Lineman1982 and FWoo45 like this.
  7. JJM7288

JJM7288 Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2018
    I'm a fan, watched the first two episodes

WhoIsJohnGalt? and Lineman1982 like this.
  8. Guns& knives 123

Guns& knives 123 Active Member

Sep 22, 2019
    Listened all the books seen all episodes...but didn't know season 6 was out!!! Thanks for the heads up!!!

WhoIsJohnGalt? and Lineman1982 like this.
  9. KTXdm9

KTXdm9 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2018
    Hell yeah, love Bosch. It does indeed look like he's carrying a railed 1911 this season.

WhoIsJohnGalt? and Dub like this.
  10. Dub

Dub born in the wrong century

Mar 19, 2017
    I’ve seen through Season 4.

Gotta catch up !!

It’s a good show.

WhoIsJohnGalt? likes this.
  11. FNFAN

FNFAN Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

May 15, 2013
    It drives me nuts that he carries his mags backwards and a friction retention holster, but hey, good stories and the first few seasons have Sarah Clarke. I'm a fan.

12. Greg45acp

Greg45acp Double Secret Banned

Oct 31, 2016
  13. sawman556

sawman556 Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2020
    I'm on season 4 episode 1 as we speak. I did notice he is right-handed yet carries a left-handed double mag carrier. Bullets facing back! I guess some folks carry that way or just Hollywood. I think he carries a Kimber of some sort???

14. rjinaz85308

rjinaz85308 North Central AZ Grasslands Supporting Addict

Jul 27, 2012
    Great show. Watching season 6 now.

15. Roehl

Roehl Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2019
    Watching season 6 now. Just finished the first two episodes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Hunt5877

Hunt5877 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 27, 2019
    Thought I saw an external extractor...Sig Maybe? Or Smith

17. unclebuck5

unclebuck5 Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2018
    Read a few of the books before the series came out. Had to watch and was hooked. Watched the first two episodes of the latest season, so far.

18. Greenrunner

Greenrunner Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
    I was on LAPD for almost 7 years, including time in Bosch's Hollywood Div. No police novels or TV dramas are "accurate" but after reading a couple of Connelly books and watching some of the Bosch first season episodes, I found the stuff to be so depressingly close to the essential truth of life on LAPD, at least as I experienced it, that I stopped reading and watching.

That essential truth of LAPD is the best officers and detectives in the world (and I mean THE BEST) trying to do their jobs against a wave of BS from from the department's army of career climber/administrators constantly angling for themselves. That was pretty accurately captured in what I watched and read, so much so that I cannot stand to watch or read anymore. But the rest of you without my psychological baggage should continue to enjoy it.

Sharptop, FWoo45, FrankB and 8 others like this.
  19. zChambers

zChambers ........... Supporting Addict

Jan 21, 2015
    Interesting to hear that Bosch is pretty accurate. I mostly liked the show for its acting and writing. I unfortunately had to stop watching after season 3 because its a pain in the butt to get outside of CONUS

20. bladeandbarrel

bladeandbarrel ISO The Very Best 1911's

Apr 6, 2019
    I actually asked Titus Welliver why he carried his mags backwards. He explained that he is a lefty, but shoots right-handed and that's how he learned to carry his mags on a set once and now it's kind of his signature. Sometimes he also shoots with his finger on the triggerguard.. LOL it didn't really make sense but he sure is a nice guy

FWoo45, WhoIsJohnGalt?, Roehl and 2 others like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted