“Sticky” Holster....Which One Works Best??

Discussion in 'Gear Talk' started by Nalajr, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Nalajr

Nalajr Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2015
    Hey all.

Id like to know about some of the other brands of these so called “sticky” holsters, the holsters made of material that’s rough or textured on the outside that’s meant to “grab” the inside of your waistband and stay in place with very little movement.

I’ve got one of the Blackhawk variety and it works pretty well but I haven’t really carried outside with it yet, I’ve only tested it in the house for a few hours.
    I can’t recall the name of it, but it’s for my Glock 19. When I wore it to test it out, it stayed put pretty well. I watched several videos on them and saw where people were doing all sorts of activities in pants, shorts, sweats, gym shorts, you name it, and the handgun stayed pretty much in place with all of them. I’m anxious to try it out for an extended period and see how it does while driving, sitting, crouching, driving, getting into and out of a vehicle, basically all the movements you make in the course of a typical day.

I’m curious if any of you have tried them. If so, what did you think? Which brand and model did you try and/or settle for?

I know there’s a few different brands of these types of holsters, but I don’t know anything about any of them except the one I own, the one by Blackhawk.

I’d like to hear about others that are out there and how well they performed for you. If you have any experience with any of these holsters, please post it.
    Thank you all.
    Larry

2. FWoo45

FWoo45 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Meh. Got one for a 938, it's okay. I wouldn't try to draw a g19 from one though. Front or back pocket with a subcompact maybe, with a g19 sized gun, get a real holster.

Dub likes this.

3. Raylan Givens

Raylan Givens Never Forget

Aug 18, 2015
    I've used the Blackhawk one for long drives or lots of sitting. They are great for that purpose.

limbkiller likes this.
  4. Jim w.

Jim w. Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2016
    I have a Sticky brand. It is ok in the pocket but not stable IWB.

Dub likes this.
  5. Grizz

Grizz Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2016
    I had one and my biggest fear was being in the mens room and have it fall out, which could never happen with a holster that clips on or has belt loops

6. Beau Etienne

Beau Etienne Active Member

Jul 11, 2020
    i use an Allen, size 10, for my Beretta APX Carry. Very satisfied. Works as it should.

7. 340pd

340pd Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2020
    I have a couple of Remora's. They work but I only use them in very specific situations. Over the years I have come to trust products specifically made for my particular handgun.

8. Transamconvert

Transamconvert Active Member

Mar 10, 2019
    This. They work as pocket holsters, that's it.

Dub likes this.
  9. Yellowsupersport

Yellowsupersport Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2015
    I have a Blackhawk for my XDs. As has been said above, it works great as a pocket holster (especially in suit pants) but would never trust it for IWB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. OttoLoader

OttoLoader New Member

Nov 1, 2018
    I have a sticky holster for a Glock 19. Only use it in a range bag or storage.
    In my opinion it is
    too flimsy for carry.

Dub likes this.
  11. nikerret

nikerret Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2019
    I have a couple of DeSantis Nemesis. Love them, except when my waist to pant/belt size is in between. I carry them IWB at 3:00. They aren’t perfect, in fact, in a lot of ways, they suck. When they were new, the. Gun always slid out if them and it stayed in my pants. Now, my j-frame holster (over eight years old and my main CCW setup), is hard to get out without also drawing the holster.

12. pineoak

pineoak Member

Oct 17, 2020
    My wife used to have an assortment of them in various brands including Remora. They are only useful for small guns and yoga pants (with a tunic/long sweater over) IME.

when trying them with even compact guns or without pressure from a belt or some type of compression, they will slip and drop if you do ANY kind of fast motion like running or jumping

As soon as your gun slips just below the belt line in sweatpants, your gun will end up inside your pants as an ankle holster.

You don't need a belt to carry, but you do need pants tight enough AND some type of retaining hook over the pants to ensure it doesn't slide down. Just my 2 cents

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted