1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, new member here. I recently bought a DVC C 9mm DUO (love it so far) and had a question about the magazines. It cam with a flush fit 16 rounder and then a couple larger capacity mags that stick out. Who makes the best +1 baseplates for these things and for the longer mags that are not flush fit, does anyone sell them in black? Do baseplates work on this model of magazine? These shiny ones stick out like a sore thumb. Thanks

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
I personally like Taran Tactical baseplates for my 2011s. Mine are the 4mm variety but I just use stock followers and springs w no problems. I get 23 rounds of 9 in my 140mm mags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
You can get the Xylan mags from the STI website. Dawson Precision May have them and if they do not you can have them order them for you.

As far as +1 baseplates, it kind of defeats the purpose of having a 120mm carry grip. It just extends the profile of the gun and makes it more difficult to conceal. If you want to upgrade to a 126mm grip it will get you the extra round you’re looking for plus you can use a magwell. You can also use +1 or more baseplates on 126mm and larger mags. If you are looking for one of these grips let me know and we can do some trading.

If you are dead set on +1 baseplates Taran Tactical’s are very good quality. MBX are nice. Dawson also makes some. You can probably sneak in another round if you go with a competition follower that does not lock the slide back. I use those on some of my 105mm mags, I don’t feel the need for slide lock back on a carry gun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.