+1 EGW guns

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Snakebill, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Snakebill

Snakebill Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2018
    im doing a 1911 build soon. I have a frame from JEM guns going to my ffl along with a colt gold cup slide and either a kart barrel or a colt n.m., haven’t decided yet. Either way I purchased all the internals from egw. I’ve used their products before and they’re phenomenally made. I place the order in March and the hammer was out of stock. I put in the notes I’d like one as soon as they were made. Egw said they’d call me when they were ready. They didn’t. Yesterday I received a package from them with my hammer. So I did the right thing and called them and asked if I was charged on the initial purchase or if they billed me now? They shouldn’t have my cc info saved. The guy on the phone looked it up and I was not charged ever so I offered to pay. They refused. I insisted again that I had no problem paying for the hammer but they wouldn’t take payment. Said don’t worry about it.
    I still don’t feel right about that, but I must say that is unbelievable customer service. Aside from their quality, if your modding or building a 1911, definitely check these guys out. Really nice people. Just thought I’d share.

2. ACP

ACP Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2018
    +1 I've ordered 1911 parts and scope mounts from EGW, old school customer service and great products. I deal with Zack and he has been fantastic, if his boss reads this post, give this gentleman a raise!

3. simonp

simonp Well-Known Member

May 27, 2016
    EGW is top notch and one of two suppliers/ parts I use or request a smith to use on my guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4. Descartian

Descartian Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2017
    Another happy EGW customer! High quality parts.

5. Snakebill

Feb 19, 2018
    I just hope I’m not getting anyone in trouble, lol. It was very unexpected, but greatly appreciated. I’ve called there before and the owner, George talked to me and explained how to do certain things with parts I was buying. That’s amazing to me that the owner of the company took his valuable time to talk to a customer like me. Realistically, I buy a few parts here and there. It’s not like I’m a high volume customer. It means a lot.

6. DWdude

DWdude Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2019
    Replaced the bushings in all my guns with their monogrammed angle bore ones. Excellent quality. Always worth the wait for custom ones.

7. Snakebill

Feb 19, 2018
    Me too! Aside from how easy they are to fit, the look incredible! I bought the barrel chamfering kit from brownells and a 45 degree cutter and went to town on my 1911’s... even my les Baer

C15F930C-52BC-4F65-88AA-D3657D6CD47F.jpeg

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted