1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had issues finding holsters for my 2019 Staccato P DUO. You can usually use longer holsters for full dust cover 2011s and just deal with the extra space, but the suppressor height front sight was the issue.

I contacted Garrett holsters after reading positive reviews on this forum and I couldn't be more pleased with the holster. I waited a grand total of 11 days from ordering it online to receiving it in the mail. For a custom, made to order holster I'm very pleased with the turn around time. The holster is very well made and Mr. Garrett was super friendly and helpful on the phone. If anyone is looking for custom kydex holsters, especially leather-lined ones, definitely give Garrett a try.

Attachments

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
6,597 Posts
They make great stuff, I have something like half a dozen of their holsters plus some mag carriers. That looks like a great set up for your Staccato.

Reactions: Paul S

·
Registered
413 Posts
I have numerous of them for 1911s and P320 Legion but not for a 2011 yet. They are solid and reliable and the company is unsurpassed!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I bought an IWB Solo holster from them for my (2019) P. The few times I wore it, it was great! I've since put a light on my P so I don't use it anymore.

·
NRA Endowment member
3,145 Posts
Very nice rig. I’ve been looking at the Garrett web site trying to decide on what model I want.
Thanks for the encouraging remarks.

Reactions: Kadonny

·
Registered
653 Posts
Very nice rig. I’ve been looking at the Garrett web site trying to decide on what model I want.
Thanks for the encouraging remarks.
Which models are you thinking about? I have a few GI holsters for my Staccato C and my carry revolver, so maybe we can help you decide? Mine are IWB by the way. Great holsters.

·
NRA Endowment member
3,145 Posts
Which models are you thinking about? I have a few GI holsters for my Staccato C and my carry revolver, so maybe we can help you decide? Mine are IWB by the way. Great holsters.
I usually carry OWB in a pancake holster. 1911 Commander.
My undecided mind is concerned as to how flat the Kydex conceals in OWB comparably to a leather pancake type.
In the event that they print more I would prolly favor the IWB.
I carry at 3 o’clock in either configuration so what would you think?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
For an Omni and DVC Carry, I have a Silent Thunder STX Champion for OWB (needs a jacket or sports coat to conceal) and Silent Thunder Slim for AIWB (needs only a sweatshirt). I have the tactical magwells on both so they no doubt are harder to conceal than the Staccato C and non magwell guns.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Green, did you get one of the DVC Carry + models with the full size 126mm grips? If not how did you attach the magwell on the Carry?

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Interesting. Did you mod the front lip of the bottom of the carry grip? If not how stable is the magwell? They remove the grip to achieve the reduced 120mm length.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Descartian: Your question prompted me to finally get off my butt and take off the magwell, which I had been intending to do for some time. Here are a couple of photos. The magwell was stable but not as hard fit as the ones on the longer grips that have a prominent lip. This one seems to have a very small lip. I have another Carry inbound from Chicken Dinner Arms that did not come with a magwell so I will be able to see if there is any difference in the two grips.

BB007769-E17B-48F8-AD6E-BCD708CD6EC0.jpeg
E256F0CE-2DC1-4802-9160-D3ECBBC0EC51.jpeg

·
Registered
653 Posts
I usually carry OWB in a pancake holster. 1911 Commander.
My undecided mind is concerned as to how flat the Kydex conceals in OWB comparably to a leather pancake type.
In the event that they print more I would prolly favor the IWB.
I carry at 3 o’clock in either configuration so what would you think?
Sorry, I can't help with the OWB holsters, but for IWB I recommend the Silent Thunder GT as it really slims down the holster with the clip on the side. I have the same one for my revolver and love that one too. I also have a Fusion IWB which is awesomely comfortable, but holstering is an issue because the back is soft.....but I don't think they make those anymore anyway.

Good luck, no matter which way you go with GI, their holsters are top notch and comfortable.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts