10-8 Performance Lab, Episode 5: STI Staccato P 2011, First Impressions

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by Amp Mangum, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Amp Mangum

Amp Mangum Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2018
  2. Dump1567

Dump1567 Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2019
    Thanks for the link. It was great to here the history. I remember giving my Edge mags to Bevin Gram to tune back in the day. It's amazing it took 25 years for STI to finally produce a mag that works.

I have larger hands, and the 2011 frame feels right to me. My Staccato P is one of my favorites, and get's carried often now that I found a good holster for it. I even have his little brother, the C.

3. Titanxt

Titanxt Member

Sep 15, 2019
    I have to say it... I hope STI moves away from some of the MIM internals and spends just a couple more dollars on some reputable parts. I have seen a lot of really poorly made parts in the STI's back in my day of gunsmithing and just can't get past that right now. They do make a good looking gun though.

4. HOGRIDER

HOGRIDER Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2014
    I spent 3 hours at the STI factory today; and I can assure you there's not a MIM part in any of their current pistols!

Amp Mangum and BBP like this.
  5. Titanxt

Titanxt Member

Sep 15, 2019
    Hogrider that is excellent to hear. I hope they make a turn around. THey have been a huge company in the industry forever and I hated to see them slipping.

HOGRIDER likes this.
  6. HOGRIDER

HOGRIDER Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2014
    Titanxt: I can assure you they fully realize they were behind the curve for several years. But I honestly feel they are in the process of reestablishing STI as a major player! We saw the raw, bar stock that was being manufactured into frames and slides by about a dozen Haas CNC machines.....several of which were 5 axis! Also saw the new, state of the art DLC coating machine that is now fully operational. And EVERY EMPLOYEE I talked to; from the president down, was very pro active and seemed to love their jobs! I feel STI is returning to there former glory!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted