1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
450 Posts
i love the play war shenanigans with the helmet and all...very tough.

·
Forum Sponsor
517 Posts
i love the play war shenanigans with the helmet and all...very tough.
Dude has legit credentials. If I am not mistaken, Jason is ex-Australian SAS. Train like you fight. You would be surprised how much of a difference it makes shooting with and without full kit. You should try it some time.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Dude has legit credentials. If I am not mistaken, Jason is ex-Australian SAS. Train like you fight. You would be surprised how much of a difference it makes shooting with and without full kit. You should try it some time.
BINGO...Jason is legit and yes, training in full kit is wayyyyyy different. Paul Howe, also a very legit guy, teaches classes all over the country and does each one in full kit.

·
Dremel jockey
3,855 Posts
If you're looking for a real challenge, try the 10-8 handgun drill, complete, with your carbine, i.e. AR15.
:eek:
The weak hand only stuff can get interesting!
At one point I grabbed a spare mag, tossed in on the ground, and pushed my muzzle against it, to allow control of the gun while manipulating the charging handle.
:nod:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Some friends and I have been shooting the pistol test for several weeks now and yes, it is a butt-buster. I took the liberty of making some changes to run it with a carbine. I reduced it to 50 rounds from 65 and from 12 stages to 10. Would appreciate any feedback.

CARBINE TEST

Ten stages, 50 rounds Total

Head shots and the A Zone of either an IDPA or IPSC Target count, any other hit is a miss. 2 points each.

May be shot at 15 or 25 yard line

Stage 1. 5 rounds total. Start in the ready position. On command, fire 4 to the body, 1 to the head.

Stage 2. 5 rounds total. Start from strong side ready. On command, transition to the support shoulder and fire 4 to the body, 1 to the head.

Stage 3. 1 round total. Start with the carbine shouldered, bolt locked to rear on an empty magazine, ready position. On command, drop empty mag, insert f
resh magazine, move bolt forward and fire 1 round to the body.

Stage 4. 6 rounds total. Start in the slung position, on command, shoulder and fire 4 to the body, reload and 2 to the head.

Stage 5. 6 rounds total. Start in the ready position, on command transition to the support shoulder and fire 4 to the body and fire 2 to the head.

Stage 6. 6 rounds total. Start in the patrol slung position, on command shoulder and fire 6 rounds to the head.

Stage 7. 6 rounds total. Start in the ready position, on command fire 2 to the body, 1 to the head, reload, fire 2 to the body, 1 to the head.

Stage 8. 4 rounds total. Start in the ready position, on command fire 1 to the body, 1 to the head, reload, fire 1 to the body, 1 to the head.

Stage 9. 8 rounds total. Start in the ready position. On command, fire 4 to the body, reload, 4 to the head.

Stage 10. 3 rounds total. Begin with 1 round in the chamber, empty mag in carbine, 2 extra magazines on the body with one round in each. From the ready, on command fire 1 to the body, bolt lock reload, fire 1 round to the body, bolt lock reload, fire 1 round to the body.

50 Rounds total fired. 30 rounds fired to the body and 20 to the head.
100% = 50 hits, subtract 2 points for each miss.

·
it's mmm, mmm good...
7,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
it'll give me a good reason to put some rounds through my AR :)

·
Sharpening Ockham's Razor
1,990 Posts
I"ve been meaning to try Hilton's test with some of my guys at work. I recently found the better part of a thousand rounds of 9x19mm in storage I forgot I had, so it's as good an excuse as any to go practice. :smilie:

Andy

1 - 15 of 15 Posts