close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

10-8 Pistol test.

Discussion in 'Training' started by Quack, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
  2. 230gr

230gr Member

Aug 23, 2011
    i love the play war shenanigans with the helmet and all...very tough.

3. Quack

Aug 15, 2011
  4. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    How many feet are in a yaad?? Is it like a yard or meter.. 8)Ron

5. Quack

Aug 15, 2011
    3 feet = yard
    7 yards = 21 feet.

6. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    He said yaads.. LOL.. A down under yard?? Ron

7. drcfirearms

drcfirearms Forum Sponsor Sponsor

Aug 16, 2011
    Dude has legit credentials. If I am not mistaken, Jason is ex-Australian SAS. Train like you fight. You would be surprised how much of a difference it makes shooting with and without full kit. You should try it some time.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2011
  8. Bodyarmorguy

Bodyarmorguy Member

Aug 20, 2011
    BINGO...Jason is legit and yes, training in full kit is wayyyyyy different. Paul Howe, also a very legit guy, teaches classes all over the country and does each one in full kit.

9. rsxr22

rsxr22 Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Falla is ex SAS and Blackwater, very legit

10. pistolwretch

pistolwretch Banned Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    If you're looking for a real challenge, try the 10-8 handgun drill, complete, with your carbine, i.e. AR15.
    :eek:
    The weak hand only stuff can get interesting!
    At one point I grabbed a spare mag, tossed in on the ground, and pushed my muzzle against it, to allow control of the gun while manipulating the charging handle.
    :nod:

11. Bodyarmorguy

Bodyarmorguy Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Some friends and I have been shooting the pistol test for several weeks now and yes, it is a butt-buster. I took the liberty of making some changes to run it with a carbine. I reduced it to 50 rounds from 65 and from 12 stages to 10. Would appreciate any feedback.

CARBINE TEST

Ten stages, 50 rounds Total

Head shots and the A Zone of either an IDPA or IPSC Target count, any other hit is a miss. 2 points each.

May be shot at 15 or 25 yard line

Stage 1. 5 rounds total. Start in the ready position. On command, fire 4 to the body, 1 to the head.

Stage 2. 5 rounds total. Start from strong side ready. On command, transition to the support shoulder and fire 4 to the body, 1 to the head.

Stage 3. 1 round total. Start with the carbine shouldered, bolt locked to rear on an empty magazine, ready position. On command, drop empty mag, insert f
    resh magazine, move bolt forward and fire 1 round to the body.

Stage 4. 6 rounds total. Start in the slung position, on command, shoulder and fire 4 to the body, reload and 2 to the head.

Stage 5. 6 rounds total. Start in the ready position, on command transition to the support shoulder and fire 4 to the body and fire 2 to the head.

Stage 6. 6 rounds total. Start in the patrol slung position, on command shoulder and fire 6 rounds to the head.

Stage 7. 6 rounds total. Start in the ready position, on command fire 2 to the body, 1 to the head, reload, fire 2 to the body, 1 to the head.

Stage 8. 4 rounds total. Start in the ready position, on command fire 1 to the body, 1 to the head, reload, fire 1 to the body, 1 to the head.

Stage 9. 8 rounds total. Start in the ready position. On command, fire 4 to the body, reload, 4 to the head.

Stage 10. 3 rounds total. Begin with 1 round in the chamber, empty mag in carbine, 2 extra magazines on the body with one round in each. From the ready, on command fire 1 to the body, bolt lock reload, fire 1 round to the body, bolt lock reload, fire 1 round to the body.

50 Rounds total fired. 30 rounds fired to the body and 20 to the head.
    100% = 50 hits, subtract 2 points for each miss.

12. Quack

Aug 15, 2011
    I'll have to try that out.

13. Bodyarmorguy

Bodyarmorguy Member

Aug 20, 2011
    My timer took a dump so I haven't run it for par time yet. Hoping to get some extra range time on Monday with a new timer.

14. Quack

Aug 15, 2011
    it'll give me a good reason to put some rounds through my AR :)

15. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    I"ve been meaning to try Hilton's test with some of my guys at work. I recently found the better part of a thousand rounds of 9x19mm in storage I forgot I had, so it's as good an excuse as any to go practice. :smilie:

Andy

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted