1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious as to what a DW 10mm C Bob is worth, with box, papers and a low round count. Gun is all stainless steel.

I don't see many of these.
TIA
sparx

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,153 Posts

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
You'll be lucky to find one under 1500
1500-1600 I would say.
It would be really nice to find one at those prices. My experience has been when they come up used, they will sell for around $1,750 in heavily carried condition and over $1,800 in good condition.

There are one or two listed on GB right now. Here is what their "asking" price is.

DELETED the image - these are all Valor 10mm's

https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Keywords=10mm Dan Wesson bobtail&Sort=13&PageSize=48

Z

·
14,799 Posts
I was extremely fortunate to grab one. A local sale that I drove two hours to the meet location.

Twins DW Classic C-BOB - 001.JPG

Twins DW Classic C-BOB - 003.JPG

Reactions: 1L26

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,153 Posts
I was curious as to what a DW 10mm C Bob is worth, with box, papers and a low round count. Gun is all stainless steel.

TIA
sparx
Since the 10mm CBob is not in production they are few and far between.
Folks who have them know what they have and won't be letting them go cheap, if at all.

Back a few years ago, I searched for one in vane. Finally I had Keith at DW make me up a Duty treated Custom 10mm VBOB.

Then not too long ago, DW offered the 10mm VBOB in SS and promptly
discontinued the entire Valor series.

So get em while you can at whatever price you can stand.

·
14,799 Posts

TIA
sparx

If I were buying, I would expect to pay between $1,700 and $1,800. As above, the newer Valor 10mm's are going for around $2,000, but once these are gone, they're gone.

The advantage a Valor has over the C-BOB is the checkered mainspring housing. The C-BOB's all came with smooth MSH's and let me tell you, for the 10mm cartridge, you need as much gripping surface as you can get.

I swapped both of mine out with the Ed Brown snakeskin MSH's. Adds another $70 or so to the cost of the gun.

Z

Reactions: TomaHawk

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Reactions: ZoidMeister

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Always curious why the 10mm Razorback was of lesser value than 10mm C-Bob? Looked at a used Razorback yesterday at LGS, very nice 1911.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Found one in a LGS in 2011 for a little less than $1K and that included the tax. It included the box etc. and two mags. Looked like it had barely been shot. The date on the fired case envelope that was in the box was May 2008.

I saw it as I was looking through the used areas of gun stores for a Delta Gold Cup. Oddly enough bought one of those from a fellow shooting later in 2011 for a little over $1.1K that was made in 1990.

Anyway the DW is a nice pistol. although it has been about a year since I shot it. I took it out when my Ruger SR1911-10 was new and was doing better with the DW as it has a lovely trigger. The Ruger had a new from the factory trigger, cleaned and oiled but very few rounds through it.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Found one in a LGS in 2011 for a little less than $1K and that included the tax. It included the box etc. and two mags. Looked like it had barely been shot. The date on the fired case envelope that was in the box was May 2008.

I saw it as I was looking through the used areas of gun stores for a Delta Gold Cup. Oddly enough bought one of those from a fellow shooting later in 2011 for a little over $1.1K that was made in 1990.

Anyway the DW is a nice pistol. although it has been about a year since I shot it. I took it out when my Ruger SR1911-10 was new and was doing better with the DW as it has a lovely trigger. The Ruger had a new from the factory trigger, cleaned and oiled but very few rounds through it.

I'll take it! Just sayn, just in case!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts