1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning Fellow JMB Friends!!

Running a SA Pro on and off duty. For the life of me, I cannot find a ten rounder that works in my gun. FTF over and over. Tried Chip’s PMP yesterday. Have tried Tripp. Have tried WC.

10 rounders just aren’t in the cards for me I guess.

You had similar problems? Suggestions?

I carry 8 round ETM Vickers mags without even a hiccup for what it’s worth.

·
resident crank
1,979 Posts
I noticed on the Ed Brown magazine exchange deal they had going that EB doesn’t even offer 10 round 9mm mags, I guess for this reason.

You mention 8 round mags. Are talking 9mm, or 45?

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Morning Fellow JMB Friends!!

Running a SA Pro on and off duty. For the life of me, I cannot find a ten rounder that works in my gun. FTF over and over. Tried Chip’s PMP yesterday. Have tried Tripp. Have tried WC.

10 rounders just aren’t in the cards for me I guess.

You had similar problems? Suggestions?

I carry 8 round ETM Vickers mags without even a hiccup for what it’s worth.
I have a MecGar 10rd that I bought to try when I was going to run my Para PXT single stack .45 auto in IPSC but it was a nightmare to run with it...fail to feed in the last few rounds and made the pistol awkward to shoot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
Same experience here . Some times they work fine but the only issues I seem to have in my high end guns are when I am using the 10 rounders. I call them fun sticks and use them for range use ONLY. I have the vickers in my TRP and Pro which I use for HD

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Assuming we’re talking .45, I run both CMC 10 round Power Mags and stock Springfield 10 rounders through my TRP with no issues at all.

Caveat - I’ve had some challenges with one CMC vomiting it’s follower and spring when dropped empty on a reload, but working with CMC on this. Also, the ‘pimple’ on the Springers have to control how far the magazine seats in the pistol is questionable, so I always insert these slowly and carefully to prevent contact with the ejector. But neither of these issues affects function of the magazine / firearm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Same experience here . Some times they work fine but the only issues I seem to have in my high end guns are when I am using the 10 rounders. I call them fun sticks and use them for range use ONLY. I have the vickers in my TRP and Pro which I use for HD
You’d think a solid ten rounder could be designed in this day and age. Oh well!

·
Registered
525 Posts
My buddy uses Chip's in his WC and they run perfectly. I tried them in my Pro and had similar results to yours. I use Vickers mags in mine also and have never had a burp!

Reactions: HOTCHKIS

·
Edge of Glory
157 Posts
I have had no issues to date in any of my 45's using CMC (RPM) 10 round magazines. Also, no issue with Wilson Combat railed 10 rounders.....originally made by CMC for Wilson before the buyout.

Luck of the draw I guess!

·
Registered
415 Posts
You might consider trying one of these Check-mate 10 round mags.

Over the years I have used every magazine brand out there including Tripp, McCormick, Wilson, MecGar, Metalform, and on and on. A year or so ago I conducted an exhaustive test (~5,000 rounds) of all these mags as well as the Check-mates and discovered the Check-mates were far and away the smoothest feeding across the widest number of pistols and largest variety of ammo. No guarantees but I think it'd be well worth the cost to try one. If it doesn't work for you. I'll buy it from you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
4D5B9C63-3359-4553-9810-91C69C0F848A.jpeg
+1 for the checkmate 10 rounders. They are well built and have worked well, have not been using them for a long time so no longevity opinion.
The only other brand I have tried are WC and I got a few FTFs on the last round.

·
Banned
393 Posts
Maybe it depends on the gun, but if you are asking....I had bad experience with ten rounders in my Colt commander 4.25 barrel and also Springfield 5 inch GI standard model.
Both of these have never had problems FTF or FTE for many years.
I threw the ten rounders in a box in the closet, might use them for weights next time I go deep sea fishing. We have a rule in my family that if some gun or gun related part doesn't work, then you throw it away or give it away or beat it to death with a large hammer.

Reactions: Docpoison
1 - 14 of 14 Posts