1. RatBikeRod

RatBikeRod You Don’t Know Me!

Nov 22, 2017
    So, even though this Glock 20 has me bumfuzzled I do not want to give up on shooting it. Just need to make a few changes to it.

I used to keep either a 44mag or 45 Long Colt pistol around for those very rare occasions where I am going hunting. Too easy to run into boar in Texas when hunting on foot which I used to prefer. I also tend to hunt here with a 357 Magnum lever gun.

Anyhow, my thoughts are to keep the 100 for if I head back out doing that. Also, I thought it might be a fun round to reload.

So what are your pet target loads for the 10mm? I am not looking for full house loads but something that will be fun to shoot. I typically run 200gr SWC’s over 4.0 Bullseye in my 45ACP’s for reference. This is a nice light load that is enjoyable. I also tend to use 200gr defensive rounds as well when I carry 45.

So with the 10mm, should I lean 180gr or 200gr?
    What powder are you guys finding works well?

Just looking for some sage insight.

Dub, Dwe and simonp like this.
  2. simonp

simonp Well-Known Member

May 27, 2016
    Tagged for interest as I continue to want a 10mm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dub likes this.

3. wrmiller

wrmiller The Tinker

Oct 29, 2016
    As a general rule, lighter bullets produce less recoil and strain on the gun. Just a FYI as I never down-loaded a 10mm and currently am unable to reload so no direct experience in this regard (with 10mm).

Last edited: May 27, 2019
    UBOATDOC likes this.
  4. GoetzTalon

GoetzTalon Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I have loaded both the 155 and 180 grain XTP's and the 150 grain nosler bullets using both unique and blue dot powder. Even at the top end of 11 grains of blue dot for the 180 grain bullets the loads are fun to shoot. The unique burned super clean with the 155 grain XTP's. I have a six inch kkm in my 20 so I'm getting some extra speed. Also have a stainless guide rod with a 22# spring. No problems with those loads with the gun stock and with the changes. IMG_20190313_181146268.jpg

Dub, RatBikeRod and wrmiller like this.
  5. RatBikeRod

Nov 22, 2017
    What was your Unique load with 180gr?

6. GoetzTalon

Oct 21, 2011
    8.0 grains of unique for the 180.

RatBikeRod likes this.
  7. GoetzTalon

Oct 21, 2011
    One of the reasons other than hunting that I got the kkm was because I reload and the brass doesn't get worked so hard in the tighter chamber. With the stock barrel the brass expands a lot when fired. Even with the stock barrel I didn't get anything that looked bad. This is a gen 4 gun.

Dub and simonp like this.
  8. RatBikeRod

Nov 22, 2017
    Yea, ultimately if all goes well I am already thinking a fully supported KKM would be a good addition.

Dub and GoetzTalon like this.
  9. StrangerDanger

StrangerDanger Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2018
    If you want a light fun to shoot load go with the 200 or 180 either one with a faster burning powder like tite group. For the more serious rounds either bullet is fine but use blue dot powder. Out of a good barrel you can run some crazy loads.

GoetzTalon likes this.
  10. BigJimP

BigJimP Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2018
    180 gr FMJ bullet, Montana Gold ....using Hodgdon Universal toward minimum will give you a load around 975 fps..is a good load..../ TiteGroup is a good powder but its going to give you a more snappy recoil at around 1025 fps....

My oldest son has a Springfield TRP in 10mm....so he loads a few boxes on my press. I'm not a big 10mm fan..../ ..I would stick with a .357 mag or .44 mag revolver ...as a backup hunting gun ( in a 5" or 6" probably )... like a 627 8 shot in .357 ...or a 629 in .44 mag..

Dub likes this.
  11. GoetzTalon

Oct 21, 2011
    IMG_20190527_150257062.jpg The Lee dies with the included crimp die work great!

Dub likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted