1911 Firearm Addicts banner

141 - 160 of 184 Posts

·
He's a large "member"
1,226 Posts
There appear to be 2 holes almost center mass. I don't know where the other rounds landed. I'd like to see an autopsy report. Is there 12 holes on the body or are we counting non hits? I'd also like to see the after action review that should happen with this officer.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
There appear to be 2 holes almost center mass. I don't know where the other rounds landed. I'd like to see an autopsy report. Is there 12 holes on the body or are we counting non hits? I'd also like to see the after action review that should happen with this officer.
A toxicology report would be interesting. I hope they release it.

The officer should be returned to duty, after his hand/arm are healed. He had to have gotten some kind of injury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
He's a large "member"
1,226 Posts
A toxicology report would be interesting. I hope they release it.

The officer should be returned to duty, after his hand/arm are healed. He had to have gotten some kind of injury.

He should be. Even without injury. In today's "all cops are bad" climate, the poor tactics that lead to the injury may be his saving grace.

·
Registered
283 Posts
100% drug related!
Has a toxicology report come out yet? Just because a guy soaked up 12 rounds before dropping doesn’t mean he was on something, and I’m not saying he wasn’t. Adrenaline is a hell of thing too.

Reactions: WC145

·
Premium Member
5,120 Posts
I have skimmed over the responses to this vid but I have a few obvious takeaways, .45 ACP would’ve kilt the attacker with one shot and likely his buddies too, if you can’t make that head shot at that distance, throw the gun at em and run, you suck, practice more. Stress is a real equalizer, many of our boys (and girls) in blue are both disgustingly under trained and under appreciated, Glad only the BG got effed up, the commentator could use a taser to the dīck.
There's no magic pistol caliber. Shot placement counts a lot more even under stress.

·
Max Otto von Stierlitz
2,495 Posts
please elaborate. What drugs?
Oh(!)... I see what you did there.

You took his answer as actual, literal knowledge as opposed to him just expressing his opinion.

I suspect most folks reading his post, understood he was just expressing his opinion at this point. As in, he's 100% certain (implied: in his mind) that drugs were involved.

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
6,727 Posts
Has a toxicology report come out yet? Just because a guy soaked up 12 rounds before dropping doesn’t mean he was on something, and I’m not saying he wasn’t. Adrenaline is a hell of thing too.
"Soaked up 12 rounds before dropping" - The guy hit the pavement in less than 5 seconds from the first shot, how long do some of you guys think it should take? That's 3 rounds a second and there's no telling if the first one killed him or if it was the result of the multitude of bullets bouncing around in his chest and abdomen without an autopsy. The cop kept firing as the attacker continued to advance as he was trained, it doesn't matter if it was autopilot or momentum that carried the guy those last couple of steps, he shot til he dropped. I don't think anyone could expect him to go down any faster without a head shot and even then putting one in the grape is not a guaranteed one shot stop.

·
Max Otto von Stierlitz
2,495 Posts
As I alluded to in my post #80, the only time I've read about someone instantly "dropping like a sack of potatoes" and without further movement, involves severing the spinal cord at the medulla oblongata with its destruction in the process. Severing the spinal cord at that location causes immediate limb paralysis (arms & legs) and destroying the brain stem at that location causes as near an instant death as is known. The medulla oblongata is essential for regulating your cardiovascular and respiratory systems. But being towards the back of the skull and neck area, that's a damn small target to hit, to achieve an "instant kill". (Commonly referred to as a CNS hit - central nervous system shot).

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Jack Wilson dropped the Texas church shooter like a sack of potatoes. Then again, he didn't waste time with torso shots, and he didn't use 9mm.

He put a 357 SIG round through the shooters head, while the shooter was moving, from over 10 yards away (don't remember the exact distance), with a double action pistol, on the first shot.

·
Registered
5,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
Reactions: nikerret

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Who’s the racist ass POS narrating the video?
“Privledged” ? “Shoot his privileged ass!”
“He deserves it”?
Hmmm....
Must be some white supremist I guess huh?
Exactly!!!

Sounded like some black dude who never ever bothers to find out the context of the situation.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Just found some information on the victim at this website. No definitive info on autopsy or what he may have been on, but starting at post #16 and then particularly in post #23, there is some info about his background, prior work history, photos, etc. that haven't been released elsewhere that I'm aware of.
Kevin Costlow Thought He Was Bullet Proof, He Almost Was (Graphic Video) - The Demon's Den
Here is the obit.

141 - 160 of 184 Posts