12ga Diablo muzzleloader

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by lonewolf172, Sep 20, 2020.

1. lonewolf172

lonewolf172 New Member

Sep 20, 2020
    I've read several comments and watched several videos so I'd like to add mine even though I don't own one. I think it's a good idea and concept but I would not buy one because of the 6" barrel and wide shot spread. To me it's more of a novelty and not really a practical pistol for any serious work. However, I have sent several emails to American Gun Craft about their other 12ga muzzleloading pistol called the Bull-dog (not to be confused with their 12ga semi-auto bullpup) which is similar to the Pedersoli Howhad but in 12ga. As far as I know their The Bull-dog really isn't into production yet but I believe if MORE interest is made by us shooters in it and conveyed via emails to American Gin Craft maybe they'll start up production sooner rather then later. I for one would buy it in a heart beat. This is what I do know about their muzzleloading Bull-dog. It's a 12ga muzzleloader, has an 11" barrel, 2 external hammers and 2 triggers. To me this is a much more practical AND useful pistol and could be a nice home defense firearm. Here's a picture of their Bull-dog.
    AGC Bulldog.jpg

2. El Perdido

El Perdido Fictional Western Sage

Oct 3, 2011
    There is a lot of smoke generated by 160 grains of FF.

Not sure about the home defense aspect of this shotgun

3. Cimarronkid

Cimarronkid Member

Sep 1, 2020
    Plus you would need a source for the black powder and a good storage system. Black powder can be very unstable.
    I did living history reenactment’s for several years and shot muzzleloader’s. My source for black powder dried up. If anyone has a good source, let me know, either here or PM.

4. rmac

rmac Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 26, 2016
    PowderInc.com.
    Factory distributor and outlet for GOEX, Swiss and many more.

livinthelife likes this.
  5. Cimarronkid

Cimarronkid Member

Sep 1, 2020
    Many thanks for the information.

rmac likes this.
  6. lonewolf172

lonewolf172 New Member

Sep 20, 2020
    No problem. Just got an email from Dee there and she said that a lot of people have inquired about bot the Bull-dog and Wrath. She's also passing some comments I made to the owners.

7. lonewolf172

lonewolf172 New Member

Sep 20, 2020
    Watched a video of a guy shooting the Diablo that I'd NEVER do. He was holding it his right while he had his left hand wrapped around the barrels VERY close to the muzzle. Good way to lose some fingers.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted