1500-2000 BUDGET!!

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Greg M., Jul 3, 2020.

1. KMAC

KMAC Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2020
    Depends on what it really is for. To have fun at the range Staccato P.

I also have got into Baers, WC, and NHC full-size in that price.
    If you come across the later two in the range always jump on it and figure it out later. The Baers can be had on the low end of that used and are a steel for the prices.

no 1911 has ever felt as tank like as the Baer. So solid.

1911 crazed, simonp and Greg M. like this.

2. Adam13

Adam13 Active Member

Jun 27, 2020
    Came very close to buying these a few times. hard to got over the plastic trigger, grips and magwell. And some Staccatos cost close to 5k.

I feel that for 2-5k you should have steel parts.

I know the Staccato isn’t an heirloom piece and different philosophy- it’s a shooter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg M. likes this.
  3. Descartian

Descartian Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2017
    The XC is their most expensive gun. It also has a one piece comp barrel and is optic ready. It so $4399 MSRP.

The magwell is steel not plastic. The grip is a glass filled polymer to keep weight down. Some of my 3.9” barreled guns only weigh 25.5oz unloaded and that a 17+1 capacity gun. The trigger now is of course stainless and the trigger shoe is plastic. This is to get a lighter trigger with a faster reset. There are a bunch of aftermarket metal triggers that can be fitted if that’s your choosing.

I understand where you are coming from though. STI’s are shooters guns and are designed to shoot, not be put in a display box.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
    Adam13 likes this.
  4. Adam13

Adam13 Active Member

Jun 27, 2020
    I agree.
    I have guns in nearly every genre. I have guns that are designated shooters. Some tricked out Glock 34s. None cost near 4K.
    To me 1911s are in a different category.
    Just can’t see the place of the Staccatos.
    Doesn’t mean I wont buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg M. likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted