1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Afternoon Addicts,

Looking for opinions/options for a suppressor ready 1911 in 9mm to use with my Omega 9k. I’ve seen that Dan Wesson has the Wraith and Vigil. What others are available? I had a Kimber TLE/RL TFS a while back before I had the suppressor… so not sure how those are.

I could also send my Wilson CQB 9mm to have a threaded barrel fitted and suppressor height sights added.

example photo
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gas

· Premium Member
636 Posts
Afternoon Addicts,

Looking for opinions/options for a suppressor ready 1911 in 9mm to use with my Omega 9k. I’ve seen that Dan Wesson has the Wraith and Vigil. What others are available? I had a Kimber TLE/RL TFS a while back before I had the suppressor… so not sure how those are.

I could also send my Wilson CQB 9mm to have a threaded barrel fitted and suppressor height sights added.

example photo
View attachment 1134366
From my experience 1911 are great hosts; I prefer to get an additional barrel for my guns and suppressors (example below). It keeps my gun carry ready with the same set of holsters.

I had a 9mm Dan Wesson Discretion which ran flawlessly suppressed; same for the 10mm wraith. I ended up trading both because I didn’t like the sights and length. I personally skip the suppressor hight sights and simply aim through it. It takes little practice to get it to work well.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory

Revolver Trigger Wood Door Gun barrel

· Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From my experience 1911 are great hosts; I prefer to get an additional barrel for my guns and suppressors (example below). It keeps my gun carry ready with the same set of holsters.

I had a 9mm Dan Wesson Discretion which ran flawlessly suppressed; same for the 10mm wraith. I ended up trading both because I didn’t like the sights and length. I personally skip the suppressor hight sights and simply aim through it. It takes little practice to get it to work well.

View attachment 1134426
View attachment 1134429
Thanks for the info. I may just get a threaded barrel for my CQB, but not sure about the sights. The diameter of the Omega 9k makes it hard to aim through it, but I can give it another shot.

· Premium Member
636 Posts
@_Dan_ you didnt like the Wraith's Heinie Straight 8's?? I am having difficulty adjusting but am getting used to it more. I am currently looking for a 10mm Wraith!
The Wraith is a great gun, and I am sure you will enjoy and appreciate it. I didn’t like the tall suppressor sights, and overall it didn’t offer anything unique over what I have. Instead I opted for a full custom build from Accuracy-X; double stack 10mm, an additional threaded barrel, unique sighting system, and slew of specific features that I wanted that are worth waiting for until late 2023.

· Registered
163 Posts
I can't make heads or tails of those boosters. Seems like a lot of them have rubber o-rings and I don't see how those would hold up. The subsonics are usually like 200fpe or roughly half the energy of a good defensive load so tuning is gonna be harder as there's not much to work with in the first place. I got a direct thread can instead and built an ar-9 around it. Loudest noise is the brass hitting the ground and I can fire thousands of rounds through it without cooking any o-rings or getting a booster stuck uncoupled causing a baffle strike.

· Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My suppressor ready Vigil has been excellent shooting suppressed. As a matter of fact I've yet to fire it unsuppressed. Finding one is another story. Roll my own ammo right under 1000fps. View attachment 1134890
That looks great! That’s what I’m leaning towards, but having to be patient finding one.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts