1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
Am I allowed to order a steel frame and build a 1911 from Stealth?
Says will ship to home address.
Not a serialized part etc
Brownells ships serialized framea
Must go through FFL
What is correct procedure
Remember, I am in Nj and there are lot of extras here what u can (can’t) do.
Brian David

·
Deo Volente
7,523 Posts
Tread very carefully here! If you are caught with a fully functional firearm without a serial number, you could face some serious charges...Better to err on the side of prudence and do an FFL transfer with a serialized frame.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses; I obviously know that. I’ve built 2 ARs with serialized lowers. Bought my 1st Colt series 70 competion in August. Now want to research building one. You can buy any slide on Brownells(NM,70,commander etc)
any part
I want to know how to go about purchasing the slide and If anyone has experience or knowledge. No more warnings I know right from wrong lol

·
Registered
367 Posts
*edited
Sorry, I meant I’m looking on information on how to buy the frame and if anyone’s built one.
Unlike other States in NJ you must apply for our famous pistol permit. You can order your frame through a FFL and pay for it, but you can't pick it up until you the permit. It is the same process as getting a AR lower except you need the pistol permit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Right
That’s how Brownells explained it to me. I’m going to call Stealth arms on Monday and ask why (according to description) it says their frame ships to home w/no need for FFL because it is not a firearm until it is cut and milled. Thanks for the help

·
Condition One
253 Posts
Welcome from North Carolina!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts