1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a Dan Wesson Valkyrie CCO about a month ago. Wasn't sure if I would like the officer frame. Added a Wilson magwell and use Tripp mags. Turns out it's very accurate, reliable and easy to carry. It's become my go to carry piece. If you enjoy carrying one, let's see a picture.

20200220_121602.jpg
20200220_121552.jpg
20200219_140502.jpg

·
The Tinker
3,959 Posts
Very nice. I have difficulty with a officers frame, as my hands are XXL. I shot one with a S&A magwell on it, but that kinda takes away from the reasoning behind a shorter grip doesn't it? Just thinking out loud... :)

·
Premium Member
3,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very nice. I have difficulty with a officers frame, as my hands are XXL. I shot one with a S&A magwell on it, but that kinda takes away from the reasoning behind a shorter grip doesn't it? Just thinking out loud... :)
Exactly what I thought. Tried it anyway and like it very much. Puts the package roughly at a Glock 19 or CZ P07 size. Do not have any issues concealing it or a full size with a magell. Just personally think my cco setup is perfect for conceal carry. Conceals just a bit better than my full size 1911's and completely disappears aiwb position.

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,663 Posts
I shot one with a S&A magwell on it, but that kinda takes away from the reasoning behind a shorter grip doesn't it? Just thinking out loud... :)
Not at all, the magwell added 3/8ths of an inch and still makes a CCO the perfect stealth carry option

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I have a ACW Brimstone on the way to pair with my Prime. Looking forward to comparing the two. Ive had other CCO size guns in the past and liked them. I have Med to Large size hands so the grips fit me well.

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,663 Posts
Reactions: hpguru
1 - 20 of 40 Posts