1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought one today,
Got a Great price, I like it, I disassembled it and cleaned it up a bit, it was pretty clean out of the box, I put a bit of lucas gun oil in the slide rails just dab on the link and hood. I intend to put 150 rounds of hardball through it tomorrow, and 150 more next weekend, Then i will try hollow points.
I Might put a stake on night sight in front, and maybe have the factory trigger smoothed out.
I expect some of you purists might have me buried up to my neck in an ant hill if i stay with the plastic mainspring housing, but frankly i would never have noticed if i had not read it someplace ! and it takes a bit of weight off.
I was pleasantly surprised it fit in my Ted Blocker Shoulder Holster just fine, the non relived frame at the trigger guard had me think i might need to get snap moved on the strap !
I will try and post a pic.
By the way, i got it for little more than a Springfield GI,

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
7,829 Posts
Reactions: KS95B40

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,568 Posts
Don’t believe you.
It didn’t happen without pic’s!

·
Premium Member
8,152 Posts

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
7,829 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My shooting session was cut short !
Nothing wrong with the gun , except i got hammer bit repeatedly. i put 75 rounds through it, and the only hick up was on the 1st magazine, it was the factory supplied colt Mag, and it engaged the slide stop with one round to go. Not a major concern to me.
The Gun was plenty accurate and fun to shoot, i am no crack shot, and my eyes are 60 years old , But at 25 feet i had several nice tight little clusters.
My plan to keep the gun stock has gone out the window.
But that,s ok, I can.t ignore the hammer bite and expect to enjoy the Colt much.
Thinking of sending it to Don Williams for his Street package.
Drop in Beavertail and Commander hammer added.
I like Heinie sights and would probably put tritium in the front.
I might go a different rout , but I had my RIA 9mm with me and largely because of the sights i shot it much better than my Colt. So sentimentality must be tossed out the window , and practicality must take its place.
For those of you thinking of buying one of these, I say jump. It seems a good gun.
But depending on your hold, you might need to change a few parts , or keep some bandaids handy ! ...tj3006

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.