1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Brown Ammunition Trigger Shotgun Gun accessory
Gun Brown Product Firearm Trigger
Medal Trigger Metal Award Money
1911 Colt - WW I - made in 1918 according to the serial number.

All metal parts are original. The pistol was re-blued but it was a VERY LONG time ago and it is now showing a beautiful patina again. According to the Colt database/serial number, this is 1918 pistol. Comes with original WW 1 medal, Post card from US Army camp dated and mailed in 1918 and leather holster that is also stamped 1918.
Got it about two months ago, but quickly realized that I am not the one collect guns to be put in a safe. BTW, this is a perfectly working pistol...After I bought it, I cleaned it and was at the range within an hour. It shoots just fine and I was pleased with hand held 2" grouping at 7 y. from this 98 y.o beast and its 6-7 lbs trigger.

Price $:1095

More images available on this link____please copy /paste to your browser:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/djqcemzhz121dcr/AAAGyS4M9OnsV10ZZ82naYGja?dl=0

or simply click here:

MORE IMAGES

Insured shipping with tracking: $28

Payment:

• USPS Money order
  • PayPal (friends/family feature + same price)
  • Regular PayPal - Please add 3%
Open to 'reasonable' offers or trades but only for US made 1911s.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sale pending...... (sorry gentlemen......I had it listed somewhere else also and just saw these replies and PMs from Kyle so chronologically I have to respect the order at which the offers came in).
Potential buyer that actually exchanged emails with me just before Kyle's PM, promises to mail USPS MO and take pictures of it before maling tomorrow . If it falls through, I will update it here. Thank you kindly for your interest.

·
SHEEPLE HERDER
1,734 Posts
Just FYI, we normally go by first "I'll take it" posted in the thread followed by their PM.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have *NO DOUBT* that I am doing the right thing here.
Right now I am dealing with a person that chrologically contacted me before Kyle's first reply above or his PM (and I actually accepted an offer for a few bucks less). That is exactly how I would want to be treaded if tables were reversed and I would be a buyer, .....and I'd imagine that most of you would as well.
Cheers !

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Second time this has happened In two weeks. If I sold a gun I would give my brothers and sisters on here First chance at it then go somewhere else if nobody wanted it. But then again I didn't join to sell a gun either.
Apparently its not sinking in...... Please take in consideration that I had the pistol listed for sale in several OTHER venues (Local firearms Facebook pages, Gunbroker, Armslist etc. ......this was actually the last place where I listed it and I made the listing AFTER I (gladly) contributed with annual membership to support the forum. (Did you? With almost 3000 posts it seems that you enjoy hanging around here ;-) You calling me out on joining the forum just to sell a gun here is off base. I have been reading these pages for months. Yes, I officially joined the forum about a week ago...but at that time I had no idea AND NO INTENTIONS at all to post anything for sale here. (Honestly, I only 'joined' so I could PM Siouxfan because i seriously considered buying his Les Baer, but then he sold it already....but I joined anyway)...
Now I am spending a lot more time here and checking out various sub-forums. Seems like a GREAT place and that's why I gladly chipped in $25.

And i still think I did the right thing:
- I am in a process of selling the gun to a person that contacted me 'before' I received interest from my listing here (For LESS money, mind you)

·
Premium Member
30,934 Posts
How about everyone climb off the seller's ass?

Remember that rule about crapping in a guy's listing?

He stated it was cross posted,.......you win some, you lose some.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts