1911 Custom Build Metal Gear Solid 3/4 Parts Questions!

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by SolidCustom, Dec 5, 2018.

1. SolidCustom

SolidCustom New Member

Dec 4, 2018
    I am going to start building the gun pictured, featured in the videogames Metal Gear Solid 3 and Metal Gear Solid 4. I just had a question about some of the parts on the gun, and they may be just something designed by the creators for the game. Is there any similar style trigger out there like the one pictured, with 4 holes? And has anyone ever seen a mainspring housing like the one pictured? If not, does anyone know a place I could have these parts fabricated? I would appreciate anyone that can steer me in the right direction. Thanks in advance!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. tarosean

tarosean Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2013
    yeah thats gonna be all custom work. the trigger likely the easiest that you could do. Buy a solid one and drill the holes yourself.. You can buy an uncheckered MS housing from a number of places and have a local machine shop cut it to your liking. The GS should be easy enough to find.

The extended slide lock you will have to either have a custom built one from scratch or weld and machine an existing one.

SolidCustom likes this.

3. SolidCustom

SolidCustom New Member

Dec 4, 2018
    Do you have a shop you would recommend for having the MS housing machined? I am open to any suggestions. Thank you!

4. bad2006z71

bad2006z71 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2018
    Could SA's Octogrip that is on the TRP 10mm and MC Operator be close enough to that?

5. SolidCustom

SolidCustom New Member

Dec 4, 2018
    From what I can see, it looks similar. But is that only on their TRP guns?

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted