close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

1911 in 9mm, want another one

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by Kazan, Sep 27, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Kazan

Kazan FUBAR

Sep 2, 2011
    But I won't buy anything from CZ, after dealing with their, and I use the term loosely, customer service. So the guardian is out, even though I do like the gun. Opinions?

2. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    What do you want to do with it?

What is your budget?

3. Kazan

Kazan FUBAR

Sep 2, 2011
    Ah I just want another one, wife takes all the time on the guardian. Budget? Depends on how much I like it:nod:
    Kinda of intrigued by the WC Spec Ops 9, but odds of being able to handle one is slim to none.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  4. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Well STI has a few, the most popular being the Trojan.

Kimber has a few models, my Stanless II works well, I would not pick one up without holding it first.

Springfield has the 9mm Loaded, and 9mm EMP.

Smith has a new E-Pro Whatever 9mm 1911, I think it is ugly but I have shot one and it is a good shooting gun.

Lou at Business End Customs can build you one.

Wilson has several Models they will build in 9mm, as does Nighthawk.

Baer will do some in 9mm as well.

If I had the money to burn I would do a Wilson... if I was trying to be reasonable I would get an STI.

5. claire

claire Anger Management Graduate

Sep 22, 2011
    Springfield offers two all steel 5" models.

I have a Dan Wesson PM9. You mentioned you didnt like their CS. What's up wit dat?

claire

6. Kazan

Kazan FUBAR

Sep 2, 2011
    I was unimpressed with their attitude and problem solution when I called their CS, they basically tried to pawn it off on a third party/vendor and I wasn't having it. To actually get any action I had to send an e-mail to Alice Poluchova, unacceptable. So they don't get anymore of my hard earned money

7. CMG

CMG Member

Aug 20, 2011
    I just bought a 2011 PM9 this weekend (shipped but not here yet) as I haven't had any issues with DW guns in the past.

On hand, I have the following 5" 9mms, and all run great with no issues. The Team Match I bought used from a friend at a really great price the other two were purchased new.

Dan Wesson PM9
    [​IMG]

Kimber Team Match
    [​IMG]

Springfield Loaded Target

[​IMG]

STI Trojan
    [​IMG]

8. claire

Sep 22, 2011
    Well skdmrklcy gave you the full list. If customer service is your main interest, I would again say Springfield, But if money is no object, Wilson.

claire

9. claire

Sep 22, 2011
    CMG, I'm so glad you bought that PM9! Now we can be like......twins :biggrin1:

claire

10. Kazan

Kazan FUBAR

Sep 2, 2011
    Not my main issue, but if I need it, I would prefer to not get jerked around.

11. Kazan

Kazan FUBAR

Sep 2, 2011
    CMG how is the trigger on the STI?

12. CMG

CMG Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Quite good, right at 4lbs and crisp, but the thing that impressed me most is how butter-smooth the slide to frame fit is.

I've been meaning to put a CMC aluminum trigger in the STI, but haven't found the time yet.

13. Kazan

Kazan FUBAR

Sep 2, 2011
    Thanks for the info, may have to look into the STI further

14. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    I've heard good things about STI's lower-end 1911s, specifically the Trojan. :thumb:

Andy

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted