1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
We Are!
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you may know, there were shootings that occurred in the City of Hoover (Alabama) on Thanksgiving night. The events of that evening have created a fair amount of controversy to say the least, and the state-level investigation of the events is ongoing.

The City held a press conference yesterday during which, of course...what did the 1911 Addict in me notice???...the fact that Hoover’s Chief of Police appears to be packing an ivory-stocked 1911! Granted, the grip panels could be ivory or bone or synthetic, and the gun may not be a 1911...but it sure looks like it.

The pics, stills I attempted to take from the video segment that I’ll link to below, are rough, the video far better.

So, yes - in the face of a social / racial / etc. conundrum in a locale near me, what am I focusing on? 1911s, of course! :)

On a serious and related note, Hoover PD is one of several Birmingham-area agencies that allow officers to carry 1911s - its always nice to see them out and about.

Link to local news story and video on the press conference:

https://www.cbs42.com/news/local/co...r-footage-to-be-released-from-alea/1626542557

8EC173FE-52AD-456B-ADAC-FDA4082731D1.jpeg
FCD67330-A7A1-4426-956F-54C84498A969.jpeg

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
5,797 Posts
IDK, that could be anything ;)

Reactions: WhoIsJohnGalt?

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
I think it is a 1911. Regarding the unfortunate shooting I try to instill in my CCW students that this is a very real danger should their gun still be in hand when officers arrive. It is very tragic, no less so than the Colorado homeowner who went outside after calling in a break in at his house. He was also shot by responding officers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My local sheriff has a personalized Kimber. He has custom grips and hot some custom engraving done to it. It is a pretty nice looking gun and you can tell it is meant to be a show piece more than a dirty duty gun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts