1911 Newbie

Discussion in 'Beginner's Corner' started by Adam76, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Adam76

Adam76 New Member

Dec 28, 2011
    Ok, I'm looking to buy my first 1911, I was recently given a 1918 Colt 1911 from my grandfather which I was thinking about messing around with and changing out parts but I'm just change the springs out so I can shoot it occasionally and leave it as it is. So now I've got the 1911 bug and want to get one I can take to the range and carry. After reading and reading I just get more confused about what to look towards. Should I be looking at new or used, I've found a few 1911 for sale local to me. One being a Springfield Loaded (thought on this) and also a couple Kimbers which seem not to be to favored by most. Sorry for another newb "which gun do I get" thread but just looking for advice from you experienced 1911 owners.
    Thanks
    Adam

Last edited: Jan 3, 2012

2. deadguy

deadguy Charlie Daniels Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
    welcome from SC

3. GM*

GM* ~

Oct 15, 2011
    Welcome :wave:

4. Adam76

Adam76 New Member

Dec 28, 2011
    Thanks for the buyers guide link, its very helpful

5. Wheezy

Wheezy Bullet Banger Supporting Addict

Aug 31, 2011
  6. Adam76

Adam76 New Member

Dec 28, 2011
    Thoughts and opinions on a Springfield Armory Loaded (parkerized finish) and the Kimber Compact CDP II, both are used for sale in my area. Just looking for some feedback between these. Thanks Adam

7. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
    Welcome to the addiction.

Between the SA and Kimber, hands down SA. They have a lifetime warranty on their guns. Great customer service. And it's a nice gun too. How much for the used?

8. RaginCajun

RaginCajun Got Guns, Got Freedom Supporting Addict

Oct 20, 2011
    Welcome from Georgia, stick with the SA. The best customer service in the industry and damn fine weapon too.

9. Adam76

Adam76 New Member

Dec 28, 2011
    Thanks guys, the Springfield was said to have around 400 rounds shot, it comes with the 2 SA mags, 5 mags they used for range, 1 MecGar mag, and 3 Wilson Combat mags, also a Galco IWB holster, asking 800. Let me know what you think. Thanks Adam

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted