1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been shopping around on the internet for some parts. Looks like WC pretty much has the market for replacement parts. I figure some of you guys probably have experience in dealing with various suppliers. Is there anyone who you could recomend? I'm looking fair prices and good service. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts

·
Edge of Glory
146 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
I ordered three guide rods from them yesterday for the very first time as they had the style of bevel I was looking for. We'll see how it goes.
You will be happy with them.

Reactions: Moad

·
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Knew I'd get some good advice here. Thanks!

·
Cranky old curmudgeon
1,327 Posts
Nowlin, Wilson, EGW, Harrison, Ed Brown, there are many, many more!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Is there anyone who you could recommend?
Also, if you have some specific parts in mind, there are specialty makers for such things as barrels, grips, grip screw bushings, and so on.

·
الواحد
804 Posts
Harrison designs (ignition and trigger parts)
Cylinder and slide (ignition and trigger parts)
Ed Brown (memory groove grip safety, tactical thumb safety, hardcore parts)
Smith and Alexander (mainspring and magwells)

These are things I have used and would use again. I have yet to use Wilson or Baer parts.

·
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Excuse my ignorance. I would imagion that sometimes fitting parts would require some filing? Just preparing on what to expect. My Dan Wesson Kodiac has copper colored ambi safty and slide lock. Liked 'em at first now I don't. So, I'll be changing them for sure. Already have a full length guide rod on the way from Wilson Combat to replace old setup in my LB Boss. I'll be having tritium sights front and rear installed on both, by a gunsmith.

Harrison designs (ignition and trigger parts)
Cylinder and slide (ignition and trigger parts)
Ed Brown (memory groove grip safety, tactical thumb safety, hardcore parts)
Smith and Alexander (mainspring and magwells)

These are things I have used and would use again. I have yet to use Wilson or Baer parts.
I can see what you might be implying. I've just recived some wilson combat mags. Theyr'e ok but nothing special. I would assume that they were made in china. Nowhere on them does it say "Made in America". This deffently turns me off to WC. Using their name to cash in looks like to me. Sellout. I won't be buying anymore parts from WC. Thanks for the advice Infidel4life11. At least I got 'em for $28 per mag. Not too bad I guess.

Reactions: Colorado Sonny

·
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
397 Posts
I would imagine that sometimes fitting parts would require some filing?
Almost always. As the saying goes, there are no drop in parts for a 1911.

I've just recived some wilson combat mags. Theyr'e ok but nothing special.
Wilson Combat ETM mags are the gold standard.

I would assume that they were made in china.
I don't think Wilson Combat makes anything outside the US. They make fine parts and I would not avoid them. There may be others that suit you better (I prefer the Stan Chen SI magwell, for example), but Wilson Combat will not let you down. And their Customer Service is excellent.

Reactions: OldCuz

·
I gotta have more cowbell
3,479 Posts
I've been shopping around on the internet for some parts. Looks like WC pretty much has the market for replacement parts. I figure some of you guys probably have experience in dealing with various suppliers. Is there anyone who you could recomend? I'm looking fair prices and good service. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
Harrison Design. I’ve also had good luck with Ed Brown parts .

·
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks again. Seems to be quite a few places offering quality 1911 parts. I'm not surprised. This gun has a cult following.

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
Harrison, Ed Brown, Stan Chen , Wilson, EGW, Nighthawk, I'm sure there are a few others.
These are all top of the line, cream of the crop parts suppliers and I've used most all of them.

If you're looking for bargain 1911 parts, I know of a few sellers. Drop me a note.

Z

·
In Kentucky
9,253 Posts
I use Wilson combat and cylinder and slide parts. Great parts and excellent customer service

·
Registered
98 Posts
For ignition parts nothing but extreme engineering.. they make or have made quite a few of the parts you see marketed by others. Their Marine sear is the cat's a** for a TR trigger job..most of mine come from thunder mountain.. really quality stuff

1 - 20 of 32 Posts