1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
NRA Life Member
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all have our pet peeves of features/things we don't like on our 1911s.....what are yours?

My list is as follows:
  • Front Cocking Serrations
  • Ambi Safeties
  • Barrels shorter than 4.25"
  • Officer Frames
  • Adjustable Sights

·
Registered
695 Posts
Idiot Marks.
Large roll marks.
Adjustable Sights.
Spur Hammers.

Those are the only ones that I always dislike. Other things, it really depends on the gun. I don't have an overwhelming love for front cocking serrations and Hi-power cuts but on some guns they just fit. Depending on the guns use they may be decent. Some guns even look better with them.

-Cory

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
FCS/high power cuts. Most of the other stuff can be removed. Not a fan of bomar style sights. However, Joe Chambers adjustable sights aren't bad because of how he bury's them in the slide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Shooter Ready.....Stand By!
1,536 Posts
FCS
No BTGS & Spur Hammer's
Target sights (especially Springfields forward set crap on the full rail operator)
Fullsize gats without magwells
A bull barrel that isn't flush cut
3 dot night sights
large rollmarks
GI thumb safeties
no front strap treatment

Reactions: 1911fanatic

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
Smooth front strap
Ditto, and smooth mainspring housings . . . . . . especially on bobtails . . . think DW Guardian.

Target sights
Large gaudy roll marks (Except the Colt MK/IV Series 70)
Crappy finishes like DuraCoat
These too . . . . .

·
Premium Member
29,014 Posts
for those of you that don't care for ambi safeties......think left handed. They are MANDATORY for lefties and have proven to be very helpful to anyone forced to shoot with their left hand, for whatever reason..........

JMHO, TR

If I am in a situation where I am forced to shoot left handed, I could care less about a safety. It will not be getting used, the pistol will be getting shot until empty

·
i'm riding a turtle!
3,377 Posts
Probably my only dislikes are front cocking serrations and I'm not a fan of rails. I recognize they are useful but I don't love them. Otherwise, I like the variety of various 1911's. Similar to my appreciation for Blondes, Brunettes, Red heads, full figures, petite figures......Variety is the spice of life

1 - 20 of 120 Posts