1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

· Premium Member
3,202 Posts
Gun Brown Firearm Trigger White
Gun Firearm Trigger Gun accessory Tan

This is my daily carry gat- A Sig Scorpion Rail, .45 acp with the factory “mag well” G-10 grips. The main spring housing matches the grips, complete with snakeskin texture. She’s a little beat up from the day to day, but she shoots like a laser beam. I’ve taken two good size whitetail, and even managed to make a head shot on a big old rattler. I never leave home without her!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Premium Member
3,202 Posts
Now that’s a nice pistol, with good and honest wear on it. I don’t care how much one of my guns costs- It’s going to get used, it’s going to get well taken care of, and it’s going to look like it.

Eric

· Premium Member
3,202 Posts
Nice holster! 5”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I need one for a long slide ,-)

No, really! I’m getting a 6” 10mm, with a rail, and I’m trying to find a holster. For some reason the guy at my LGS looked at me funny when I said I’m going to put it in my carry rotation. I carry a government sized all the time, and conceal it just fine. I’m a pretty big boy, so I think I can pull it off. Just need good leather…

Eric

· Premium Member
3,202 Posts
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Rectangle Gun accessory

Green Textile Air gun Trigger Bag

My father in law’s Colt that I’m trying to buy from him. A serial number lookup puts at a 1996 manufacture date, but I don’t know much about Colts of that timeframe. What say you Addicts?

Eric

Attachments

· Premium Member
3,202 Posts
Custom 1911 by James Hoag in .45acp with 5", 6", 7" and 8" slides. Bomar sights and Bar-Sto barrels.

View attachment 770184
View attachment 770185
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a setup like that. That is just gorgeous! I’m in for a range report, and general impressions. I’d really like to see how those longer slides work out for longer ranges. Truly a wonderful find!

Eric

· Premium Member
3,202 Posts
I had one identical to that one awhile back. Dang thing was a laser beam, at least after I broke it in. When it was new it didn’t like to feed anything but ball ammunition, but after about 400 rounds it would feed hollow points just as slick as snot! Nice pistola you got there.

Eric

· Premium Member
3,202 Posts
View attachment 858005
View attachment 858006
My personally purchased Alternate Duty Pistol, a Staccato C2 DUO with Trijicon RMR, 3.25MOA dot, and Streamlight TLR1HL. Leather is by TT Gunleather. Dagger is from Skallywag Tactical. Handlight is 12 year old Surefire that's still going strong!
I carry one of those Surefires with my EDC. Mine may be a bit older than yours, but is likewise still going strong! Nice kit~

Eric

· Premium Member
3,202 Posts
Stan Chen did the grip treatments with his spectacular Pro-trac pattern.

Mark Graff, Graff Custom, completed the rest of the build. There’s a lot of special, subtle (and not so subtle) details in this one.

View attachment 905813
Very nice, the lines are very well done. That’s one of the things I love about a classically built 1911. Done right, they are a thing of beauty. Functional art, if you will, and yours is done right.

Eric

1 - 20 of 45 Posts