1911 round butt grips?

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by jimmy james, Nov 5, 2018.

1. jimmy james

jimmy james 1911 Fiend

Aug 29, 2017
    Looking for a pair of grippy grips for my S&W E series commander size gun. Must be round butt. I know VZ makes them but not real keen on paying their msrp and shipping. Hoping to find used, parts bin, junk drawer grips. Almost anything would be better than the oem grips. Too slick and slippery. Thx.

2. Integrity Arms

Integrity Arms 1911 Pistol Smith

Mar 20, 2017
    Those can be a little bit hard to locate as really that particular gun is the only one I've ever seen that has that rounded butt. I've had a few of those guns myself your best bet is to make your own does a pair of bobtail or Fastback grips do not fit them properly. I may actually have a pair at my house that I made I'll check when I get home

TangoWhiskeyFoxtrot likes this.

3. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2017
    Seems improbable to me that you would have a pistol with an MSRP approaching $1500 and don't want to spend $65 on a pair of grips. Just saying.

4. retrieverman

retrieverman Well-Known Member

May 16, 2013
    I ordered a set of VZ round butt grip but ended up altering another set. The VZ round butts look more like bobtails, so I rounded off the corner of a set with a magwell square bottom. They look much better.

5. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Consider my signature line before replying . . . .

Dec 4, 2014
    I've got a fairly interesting set I made up. I'll get a photo or two posted in a few minutes.

These will be quite unique . . . . . almost . . . . .

6. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Consider my signature line before replying . . . .

Dec 4, 2014

Like @retrieverman said, you really need to start with magwell cut grips to get it right. These are flush cut like a magwell set.

IMG_20181105_152821.jpg

IMG_20181105_152851.jpg

IMG_20181105_152944.jpg

@WHEELS may have seen something similar . . . .

Lemme know if you are interested.

jimmy james and WHEELS like this.
  7. mikegalway

mikegalway CEO of DILLIGAF industries Supporting Addict

Feb 23, 2014
  8. jimmy james

jimmy james 1911 Fiend

Aug 29, 2017
    Yes but i didnt pay that much and im cheap but you would think that you pay
    That much for a pistol, it would come with decent grips.

9. krunchnik

krunchnik THE CROW Supporting Addict

Mar 6, 2012
    Cool hand brand grips make them for the round butt pistols.I bought a set for my Super Carry Pro and they ran a little over $35.00-I even purchased the slim screws to go with the grips.
    [​IMG]

2sharp2 likes this.
  10. switchback

switchback Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2014
    I've got a set of slim, G10, olive / black, form LOK. As I have no need for them, offer a pair of fullsize slim grips and we can trade. If you're interested, we must communicate thru text or email. I am tech challenged here at addicts. Its just me. PM me and with your contact info I will shoot you a pic or two. Nice grips and looked great on my traded away guardian

11. WoodrowAugustus

WoodrowAugustus Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2018
    I put these same grips on my DW Guardian. They are indeed rounded/slightly radiused and not exactly cut for a bobtail, but close enough for me for the price and I like them. For your purposes they should be perfect.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted