1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6,743 Posts
I will concur with you @Bender on how nice the Alchemy guns are. I have two now and really like them, impressed with them at the price.

Honestly if I was in my 20's today, starting down the 1911 rabbit hole........I couldnt send a gun to Chuck Rogers or any of the smiths that I would choose today based on my years of experience so it would be trying someone newer, building a reputation or going with a semi custom. The Alchemy gets you a lot of what you want and all you need! IF you ignore the different stylistic options that you wont get from Alchemy but would get from someone like Lou, Chuck, etc then you are probably getting a gun that is 90% of the gun of a custom build - that last 10% is what you really pay up for, wait years for and get from a build from a master smith in a one man shop & as Ive said before if you havent spent years shooting stock colts, baers, and higher semi custom guns that extra 10% you get from a master is wasted on you, you wont recognize or appreciate what they put into the gun.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts