1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve been thinking, yes that’s a bad deal, right? What pistol has brought me the most enjoyment the last few years. I’ve had a few VERY expensive ones and really didn’t enjoy them as much as a moderately priced one.

I know it may not sound reasonable, but I believe the Alchemy Prime has been my favorite overall. It shoots as well as a pistol I owned that cost double of the Prime. The trigger of the Prime may just be a bit more crisp. The Alchemy certainly is as smooth shooting. The expensive build did have more fluff and buff.

The Prime checks all the “must have” boxes. It’s like a late sixties big block Chevelle, raw, brutal horse power with classic style and appeal.

Wood Fluid Font Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Premium Member
31,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I will concur with you @Bender on how nice the Alchemy guns are. I have two now and really like them, impressed with them at the price.

Honestly if I was in my 20's today, starting down the 1911 rabbit hole........I couldnt send a gun to Chuck Rogers or any of the smiths that I would choose today based on my years of experience so it would be trying someone newer, building a reputation or going with a semi custom. The Alchemy gets you a lot of what you want and all you need! IF you ignore the different stylistic options that you wont get from Alchemy but would get from someone like Lou, Chuck, etc then you are probably getting a gun that is 90% of the gun of a custom build - that last 10% is what you really pay up for, wait years for and get from a build from a master smith in a one man shop & as Ive said before if you havent spent years shooting stock colts, baers, and higher semi custom guns that extra 10% you get from a master is wasted on you, you wont recognize or appreciate what they put into the gun.
I hear what you’re saying. I’ve owned a Rogers. I sent in a lightweight compact Springer. It was a wonderful pistol. It was simply a bad choice for ME to have used as a base gun. I didn’t like the size or the balance of the lightweight frame.

Chuck and I don’t get along very well these days. I believe it may be due to me selling that pistol that he poured his heart and soul into. I wish I had sent in a Colt Commander for the build. It’s my fault that the friendship was fractured, it was not intentional, I didn’t expect the outcome of the sale.

The expensive pistol I spoke of in the 1st post was the Triple Crown I owned. For me, it was just too nice and valuable to enjoy. I couldn’t carry it because of the cost. A wonderful build, an amazing shooter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts