1911 Firearm Addicts banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
So I’ve been thinking, yes that’s a bad deal, right? What pistol has brought me the most enjoyment the last few years. I’ve had a few VERY expensive ones and really didn’t enjoy them as much as a moderately priced one.

I know it may not sound reasonable, but I believe the Alchemy Prime has been my favorite overall. It shoots as well as a pistol I owned that cost double of the Prime. The trigger of the Prime may just be a bit more crisp. The Alchemy certainly is as smooth shooting. The expensive build did have more fluff and buff.

The Prime checks all the “must have” boxes. It’s like a late sixties big block Chevelle, raw, brutal horse power with classic style and appeal.

View attachment 1087499
Sounds like the ACW 9mm Government is a blast to shoot. I just bought an ACW 9mm Commander from another member and I will tell you that it is one of the flatest shooting and most accurate pistols I have ever shot. Now you have me curious about a Government size ACW 9mm.

BTW.....I love late sixties Big Block COPO 427 Chevelles and Camaros!! We also can't forget the 1970 Chevelle LS6 454☠☠☠

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Anything from the Kimber Custom Shop collection.
Hands down the best.
Don’t believe me???
They’ve made more covers and centerfolds than any other custom 1911’s COMBINED!
Ok you owe me a keyboard! Was having a nice afternoon glass of orange juice on ice and red this and blew it on my laptop!:D:D:D:D:D

• Haha
Reactions: Dub

·
Registered
“Let me live the next few minutes well…”
1,556 Posts
That is a beautiful gat. I’d love to have it’s twin in .45ACP with a medium length trigger (the ball cuts are a must!). As is seemingly usual, our tastes are similar. The fact that you shoot them and know if they run and hit where you point is makes for a good recommendation.

·
born in the wrong century
10,179 Posts
Some guns are real shooters too! 26 yds. standing without a rest,this one is way above my skill set. View attachment 1087536

That beer can was unopened......it never had a chance to be all it could be...... 🤣

Great shooting (y)

I'll bet it launched a nice geyser when you nailed it.

Beautiful pistol.

·
Premium Member
“Just remember kids, electricity can kill you.”
1,838 Posts
So I’ve been thinking, yes that’s a bad deal, right? What pistol has brought me the most enjoyment the last few years. I’ve had a few VERY expensive ones and really didn’t enjoy them as much as a moderately priced one.

I know it may not sound reasonable, but I believe the Alchemy Prime has been my favorite overall. It shoots as well as a pistol I owned that cost double of the Prime. The trigger of the Prime may just be a bit more crisp. The Alchemy certainly is as smooth shooting. The expensive build did have more fluff and buff.

The Prime checks all the “must have” boxes. It’s like a late sixties big block Chevelle, raw, brutal horse power with classic style and appeal.

View attachment 1087499
Couldn’t agree more

·
Premium Member
21,668 Posts
Sounds like the ACW 9mm Government is a blast to shoot. I just bought an ACW 9mm Commander from another member and I will tell you that it is one of the flatest shooting and most accurate pistols I have ever shot. Now you have me curious about a Government size ACW 9mm.

BTW.....I love late sixties Big Block COPO 427 Chevelles and Camaros!! We also can't forget the 1970 Chevelle LS6 454☠☠☠
Naaa 69 El Camino with Rat Motor works fine for me with a competition clutch

·
Registered
760 Posts
Dea
Naaa 69 El Camino with Rat Motor works fine for me with a competition clutch
That was my dream car for years.

When I finally was able to afford a new car I had to settle for that POS model change to a smaller size as well as the 305 being the largest motor offered. I think that was 1978. Huge disappointment.

·
Premium Member
21,668 Posts
Dea

That was my dream car for years.

When I finally was able to afford a new car I had to settle for that POS model change to a smaller size as well as the 305 being the largest motor offered. I think that was 1978. Huge disappointment.
Drove one with about a ton of stuff in the back from LA to Phoenix. Loved it. Never could find a decent one worth buying.

I prefer the rat motor over the 427.

·
Vendor
3,898 Posts
This is what happens when a company has their finger on the pulse of the market and recruits/acquires real talent to build a brand or acquires an existing brand that adds to their own brand’s reputation.

Scooping up Rob was the smartest thing Cabot could have done!! Other gun manufacturers should follow Cabot’s lead and get some of the top tier 1911 smiths on board at least in a consulting role.

·
Premium Member
21,668 Posts
This is what happens when a company has their finger on the pulse of the market and recruits/acquires real talent to build a brand or acquires an existing brand that adds to their own brand’s reputation.

Scooping up Rob was the smartest thing Cabot could have done!! Other gun manufacturers should follow Cabot’s lead and get some of the top tier 1911 smiths on board at least in a consulting role.
Well said

21 - 40 of 49 Posts