1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Given the popularity of the p365 and other similar pistols, do you think anyone will make a 1911 style subcompact double stack? Like a double stack kimber micro 9 or SA emp double stack. Just wanting to hear everyone's thoughts.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Don't know if they'll make a 9 but, in 45, Para Warthog comes to mind.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Given the popularity of the p365 and other similar pistols, do you think anyone will make a 1911 style subcompact double stack? Like a double stack kimber micro 9 or SA emp double stack. Just wanting to hear everyone's thoughts.

It doesn't seem too likely considering the patents on magazine design held by Sig Sauer.

·
Registered
661 Posts
20200425_022427.jpg

RIA BBR 3.10 is a 10+1rd .45 double stack.

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,016 Posts
Yup, you are looking for the Wilson Combat EDC X9S

1.jpg
3.jpg
5.jpg
7.jpg

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Anything else like this that doesn’t cost 3 grand?
LOL

Nope - quality costs. STI, SVI, Wilson are in that price range & higher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
83 Posts
LOL

Nope - quality costs. STI, SVI, Wilson are in that price range & higher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I’d consider the STI C2 but it looks like a Glock 19 sized gun more than a Glock 43. I can’t find the dimensions anywhere... can you shed some light on this?

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Bul Armory SAS 2 is on order for me; that looks like and unbeatable value for the price.
I have a lot of double stacks (read A LOT). I also picked up a couple of BUL Vipers. They are good guns and yes a fantastic value. I haven’t done a thorough break down on them yet but as of now I’d say they’re a 1/2 step down in quality from Staccato but a step and a half down in price.

I’ve only put about 200 rounds through one of the Vipers but it had been 100% reliable. It shoots slightly flatter than my STI Tactical 4.0 (4.15” barrel) which is significantly heavier and has a competition silicone carbide crusted grip.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have a lot of double stacks (read A LOT). I also picked up a couple of BUL Vipers. They are good guns and yes a fantastic value. I haven’t done a thorough break down on them yet but as of now I’d say they’re a 1/2 step down in quality from Staccato but a step and a half down in price.

I’ve only put about 200 rounds through one of the Vipers but it had been 100% reliable. It shoots slightly flatter than my STI Tactical 4.0 (4.15” barrel) which is significantly heavier and has a competition silicone carbide crusted grip.
That is great to hear!
My first instinct was to go with the C2 but it was a little bigger than I wanted for EDC. Glad to hear I made a good choice with the Bul.
Ill probably get a Staccato at some point anyway because I’m an addict.
On that note, the DWX compact NEEDS to be released already!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts