1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
it's mmm, mmm good...
7,140 Posts
i had one that was accidentally sent to me. looks like it would work. If you have a Gander Mountain nearby, they have the Remington tool with is the similar.

·
Schütze
2,677 Posts
Les Baer probably has one that's real tight and requires 500 uses before cleaning.. 8)Ron

·
Schütze
2,677 Posts
If he did.. I'd buy one and clean it at 250 uses.. Just wouldn't tell anybody.. LOL.. Ron

·
Sharpening Ockham's Razor
1,990 Posts
I have one of those.

It's okay. Remember that the tools don't lock out in any way. When using the little allen wrenches to tighten grip screws, I had to continually adjust my grip to keep it from collapsing on itself and not jab itself into my palm or the gun.

I'd recommend it for a range bag. I wouldn't suggest using it instead of proper individual tools.

Andy

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have one of those.

It's okay. Remember that the tools don't lock out in any way. When using the little allen wrenches to tighten grip screws, I had to continually adjust my grip to keep it from collapsing on itself and not jab itself into my palm or the gun.

I'd recommend it for a range bag. I wouldn't suggest using it instead of proper individual tools.

Andy
Thanks for the heads up my friend:thumb:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Really for me it would be a waste of money, when I go shooting I have any tool at my disposal that I may need, and I don't need any tools to field strip my 1911, so I reckon I'll pass:biggrin1:

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have a simple theory that gives Mr. Murphy his due respect.

I carry a basic assortment of tools in the drawer on top of my ammo box. They're always available to help out other folks on the range. If I leave them at home, it's guaranteed that my gun will puke.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I think that one would have less control over the tool (using it as a bushing tool - it's dependant on ones grip strength and spending $38 - $50) than the standard wrench ($5).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts