1911 tool

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by Okie, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Okie

Okie Member

Aug 18, 2011
  2. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    i had one that was accidentally sent to me. looks like it would work. If you have a Gander Mountain nearby, they have the Remington tool with is the similar.

3. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    Les Baer probably has one that's real tight and requires 500 uses before cleaning.. 8)Ron

4. Fire-Medic

Fire-Medic Back At It

Jan 10, 2012
    LMAO.....:animlol:

5. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    If he did.. I'd buy one and clean it at 250 uses.. Just wouldn't tell anybody.. LOL.. Ron

6. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    I have one of those.

It's okay. Remember that the tools don't lock out in any way. When using the little allen wrenches to tighten grip screws, I had to continually adjust my grip to keep it from collapsing on itself and not jab itself into my palm or the gun.

I'd recommend it for a range bag. I wouldn't suggest using it instead of proper individual tools.

Andy

7. Okie

Okie Member

Aug 18, 2011
    Thanks for the heads up my friend:thumb:

8. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    Anytime, bud! :smilie:

Andy

9. Okie

Okie Member

Aug 18, 2011
    Really for me it would be a waste of money, when I go shooting I have any tool at my disposal that I may need, and I don't need any tools to field strip my 1911, so I reckon I'll pass:biggrin1:

10. OlympicFox

OlympicFox Active Member

Dec 15, 2011
    I have a simple theory that gives Mr. Murphy his due respect.

I carry a basic assortment of tools in the drawer on top of my ammo box. They're always available to help out other folks on the range. If I leave them at home, it's guaranteed that my gun will puke.

11. BHP9

BHP9 Active Member

Dec 11, 2011
    I think that one would have less control over the tool (using it as a bushing tool - it's dependant on ones grip strength and spending $38 - $50) than the standard wrench ($5).

12. Nakanokalronin

Nakanokalronin Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    I bought a handful of 1911 tools a year ago and keep one in my wallet at all times. :thumb:

http://e-sarcoinc.com/451911screwdriverandtakedowntool.aspx

As for the rare time I need a bushing wrench, I just use one of the plastic versions that I've received free with certain 1911s over the years.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted