close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

1911, Vs. Hi Power, Vs. CZ75. The Big 3, whats your favorite, bias expected.

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Alterego, Jun 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Alterego

Alterego Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2016
    Yeah everyone knows, and understands the legend of the 1911, the Hi power is said to be improvement of the 1911 and with a (Hi Power) double stack mag, then the CZ75 comes along using design features of both the 1911 and the Hi Power, plus DA/SA, hi cap, and starts its own legend.

After many years of owning, enjoying and shooting all 3 I have to say, I believe the CZ75 is the superior weapon. Dont get me wrong, nothing wrong with the other two, but the quality, reliability and features of the CZ is hard to beat, and the price makes it even more attractive.

Whats your favorite?

Eisenfeur and Dub like this.
  2. sigmanx

sigmanx Active Member

Jan 31, 2016
    Well seeing as how I have never shot the CZ or hi power I will have to say 1911.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

Bro. Pappaw, Babboonbobo and Alterego like this.

3. Jollyroger1

Jollyroger1 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Sep 19, 2015
    I don't have any plans to ever own a Hi-Power or a CZ75.
    just saying.

cwoods, SCS1911 and Alterego like this.
  4. James Chandler

James Chandler New Member

Mar 2, 2015
    I am a dyed in the wool 1911 guy but I agree with you. You just can't beat a CZ-75. I have owned several and every one of them would shoot one hole groups, offhand at 10 yards, usually dead center. I have never had a jam out of any of them.

5. Alterego

Sep 17, 2016
    All my CZs and clones, 6 total never miss a beat, I shoot them all very accurately and they run perfectly. 1496367153344-1704140437.jpg

Dub, cghelton, ronin11 and 4 others like this.
  6. Glock2740

Glock2740 1911 addict Staff Member Moderator

Aug 16, 2011
    The 1911 is my favorite of the three, but the BHP and the CZ75 are two of the best platforms out there. And just like the 1911, when a good smiff gets his hands on a BHP or CZ75, they're as accurate and reliable as anything out there.

Own all three, and own customs of all three platforms and they're fantastic!

7. Raylan Givens

Raylan Givens Never Forget Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2015
    I agree. Three excellent firearm persuasions with solid followings. No one is wrong choosing any one, or all three.

8. James Chandler

Mar 2, 2015
    If you ever get a chance to own a CZ-75, you won't part with it.

9. Alterego

Sep 17, 2016
    You are cheating yourself.

10. Raylan Givens

Raylan Givens Never Forget Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2015
    I'll bring my 75 SA, @Sterling Archer can bring his Legion SAO, and you can bring your EDC X9. You will change your mind.

11. sigmanx

sigmanx Active Member

Jan 31, 2016
    I have shot the P07 once and enjoyed it. Very good piece of hardware, especially for the price.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

Alterego likes this.
  12. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things! Supporting Addict

Nov 18, 2014
    Have not shot either the CZ or HP but I have a Wilson Beretta on order and will probably look into those in the future. Then I'll know.

sigmanx, Stentor and Alterego like this.
  13. CardiacColt68

CardiacColt68 Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2015
    CZ's are excellent weapons. If I had to choose between them and 1911's I am not sure what would happen. Like 1911's CZ's with a little live are exceptional. And the triggers are wonderful. I own no HiPowers, but that is on the list. Just waiting for the right gun and budget.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Babboonbobo, Scaramouche and Alterego like this.
  14. stlgecko

stlgecko Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

May 24, 2014
    For the money you can get a fantastic CZ-75 way before you can get that quality in a 1911. However, money aside I'd pick the 1911 platform.

Blue Ridge, sigmanx and Alterego like this.
  15. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Consider the Signature Line before replying . . .

Dec 4, 2014
    Combine the best of all three I say . . .

Ruger P-Series . . .

Ruger P-Series (x4)-001.JPG

Ruger P-Series (x4)-003.JPG

Dub, Raven312, Jollyroger1 and 4 others like this.
  16. Caeserslegion

Caeserslegion Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Took two of my HPs to the range today....as usual , shot superbly. They don't tolerate out of spec ammo, as both the Novak worked model, and the Bob Cogan model, both have match grade like barrels.

Jollyroger1 and Alterego like this.
  17. Mistman

Mistman Active Member

Feb 5, 2015
    Hmmm... had an SP01 for a while it eventually became trade fodder. I could shoot it well and accurately but the trigger just bugged me. For some reason the way it rolled it would rub my finger raw after about 100 rnds. Felt good, I had plans for some upgrades on it but something came along I wanted more and I really didn't hesitate.

On BHP's it's pretty close w/the 1911 for me. I traded a KZ45 for a BHP in 40 S&W a couple weeks ago, I have a practical in 9, an older 'C' series and have moved a couple along over the years. I'm always on the lookout for a good deal on a HP. I have been thinking of trying the CZ or one of the clones out again but so far other things have been more appealing. I actually shoot HP's about as much as 1911's, not quite, but close.

Really the only thing that you sorta hit a wall on w/the HP is that there are basically no frame variations as w/the 1911 or the CZ and no rail. I'd love to have a compact HP, an officers size grip frame would be cool, something that would cover the carry spectrum as the other 2 platforms do. Custom work on a HP is expensive, lack of a beavertail is sometimes a drag, I like a real high grip and can get a rash on my hand after a while where the hammer hits it depending on which model I'm shooting. A friend came over last weekend to shoot w/us and had never shot a HP, a 1911 guy. As soon as he picked it up he said 'man, this feels good'. That's the thing about them for me, they just feel good and point naturally. I can pop of 10 rnds @ 10 yds in a couple seconds with the 9mm and they'll all be touching, ok, not everytime but it impresses me when it happens. I rarely do that w/a 1911 but I still like them best.

sigmanx, Bro. Pappaw, ronin11 and 3 others like this.
  18. James Chandler

Mar 2, 2015
    The CZ clones are all nice but they are not a CZ. There is a difference.

1911fanatic likes this.
  19. Zaugau

Zaugau Active Member

Mar 26, 2017
    I come from a WW1-WW2 military firearm collector transitioned to a novice shooter standpoint. I haven't shot a 1911 in 9mm, only shot a CZ in 9mm (a nice CZ custom longslide), and only shot a military Hi Power with the mag disconnect intact.
    So no real apples to apples comparison shooting caliber wise, but for shooting I'd say it's a tie between the 1911 and CZ. 1911 with a better trigger, CZ with a better feel in the hand. If I had a nice Hi power with no mag disconn maybe I'd like it, but for now it's not close.

From a collectable standpoint the 1911 is a mile ahead. I love the variety of military makers and variants going back to two world wars and up through the recent USMC Colts. Now as Mistman said there's so many modern frame and slide variants that it's killing it there too. Hi Powers have WW2 history on both sides, multiple countries so it wins points there for me.
    CZ wins on cost.
    Overall I like the 1911, then CZ, then Hi Power. Just gotta save up more for the more expensive addiction.

Alterego likes this.
  20. The_Doctor

The_Doctor Well-Known Member

May 9, 2014
    I've shot all three - I own two 1911s and an HP, yet to own a CZ75,

but it's on my list! All the examples I've fired have performed perfectly.

I still prefer the 1911, though, as my "go to".

The_Doctor

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted