1911addicts being bought

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jimhoag, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Jimhoag

Jimhoag In Kentucky

Jun 14, 2013
    From the post WWB started about stepping back. Does this mean addicts is done. I've been a member for awhile and love the forum. Made some great friends. So this June will it be the 1st annual fanatics shoot. I'm a member of fanatics but I still like it here.

2. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    define "done"

:popcorn:

boatdoc likes this.

3. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    Do both, I enjoy the Addicts site but I contribute at the fanatics site!

boatdoc, FWoo45 and wcanterbury like this.
  4. Jimhoag

Jimhoag In Kentucky

Jun 14, 2013
    That's what I'm asking. Everyone is going to fantastics. Our they just joining both

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

boatdoc and wcanterbury like this.
  5. El Perdido

El Perdido Fictional Western Sage

Oct 3, 2011
    Does this mean my trophy points have no value?

6. Babboonbobo

Nov 18, 2014
    I’m doing both, have both sites on my phone open all the time. When I check one I check the other. I come here for the funnies and Girls with(out) guns threads!!:geek:
    PS:will fanatics shoot be the same as the Addicts shoot:rolleyes:

boatdoc, UBOATDOC and colrhino like this.
  7. FNFAN

FNFAN Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

May 15, 2013
    T'aint gonna leave less we can take the Wimmen threadt witt us! Nosirrie!

8. Colorado Sonny

Colorado Sonny Deo Volente Supporting Addict

Sep 25, 2015
    Trophy points? We don't need no stinking trophy points!

tokuboi69, boatdoc, Glock2740 and 2 others like this.
  9. fieldgrade

fieldgrade resident crank

Mar 13, 2017
    Just remember. Here, you are now the product. Your eyeballs for advertisers.

boatdoc likes this.
  10. Babboonbobo

Nov 18, 2014
    That’s what I’ve been told but I have not seen any ads here, although as a paying fanatic I do see ads pop up on the top of my pages there??? Maybe once more people become paying members? Don’t know what the deal is.

boatdoc likes this.
  11. fieldgrade

fieldgrade resident crank

Mar 13, 2017
    All the data gets sold. Whether you see it in an overt fashion, or otherwise. I was a mod at another site that was sold two years ago.

Blue Ridge, wcanterbury and boatdoc like this.
  12. FNFAN

FNFAN Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

May 15, 2013
    Dear Forum Overlords: I would spend good Yankee dollars if Springfield Armory brought back its full line of gunsmithing services. You have my permission to share this data with SACS.

purple bikerr, AJP, boatdoc and 3 others like this.
  13. Jimhoag

Jimhoag In Kentucky

Jun 14, 2013
    Sacs is back open as far as I know

boatdoc likes this.
  14. Jimhoag

Jimhoag In Kentucky

Jun 14, 2013
    Yes I'm also doing both

15. DukeSoprano

DukeSoprano Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Jan 17, 2013
    move the girls, classifieds and my feedback and lets go!

tokuboi69, Dwe, ILED93 and 10 others like this.
  16. Scaramouche

Scaramouche Student of the Columbian Exchange Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2015
    What about the incredible treasure trove of archival information held on this site. Over the years you folks have created a data base of 1911 info and lore that is easily sourced using the search engine.

17. Raylan Givens

Raylan Givens Never Forget

Aug 18, 2015
    They desire to keep away the "trailer trash", women's threads, and the majority of the members from here.

As I stated over there. If you want to keep everyone away why the hell would you begin a new forum that is open to the public. The internet, or a forum, is not the place for people who don't like people.

18. Integrity Arms

Integrity Arms 1911 Pistol Smith

Mar 20, 2017
    The forum has basically been bought out by Carbon Media Group, bought out took over, whatever happened imho the forum has not changed, there is no place on this interweb that our information, posts, photos, personal information etc.. Is not subject to being seen, used, taken advantage of etc.. And that includes, fanactics, addicts, 1911.com the list goes on. The Forum is the sum of it's members, this has been and imo remains the best damn 1911 forum on the internet, because it has the best damn people in the world on it. Plain and simple truth.

And if I am going to have my information out there for anyone and everyone to see anyway, I might as well be a part of a group that has good people in it. Not to say the other groups don't, but the owner of these social media sites do not own it's members... The only change that will really take place is if everyone starts to change their attitude about the forum as a whole, there has been a ton of speculation as to what happened, why it happened, what brought it about etc...

But, in a nutshell if I left this forum for another completely I feel like I'd be loosing some of the best damn friends a guy could ask for. I met some of you personally at the addicts shoot this year and have met other again since then. Am making arrangements and will be meeting Rob from Alchemy custom weaponry later this week. Will be meeting WWB a few weeks down the road. None of this would of been possible if it weren't for this group. I have met Babboon Bobo in person along with his lovely wife and even had them down for dinner and an afternoon of shooting. As far as I am concerned the only way this forum is done is when the good people who belong to it decide to abandon it.

19. cfl4rat

cfl4rat Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2012
    I’m obviously out of the loop, what’s this other site y’all speak of?

ek42, GoetzTalon, Blue Ridge and 3 others like this.
  20. El Perdido

El Perdido Fictional Western Sage

Oct 3, 2011
    Be like the "M4Carbine" of 1911 forums...

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted