1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, most know my limitations with tech, so no pics. And I know this thread is worthless without pitchers but...

Bought the new Colt 1911C , love the throwback style and the almost pre70 rollmarks. Heres the catch on the left side of mine I roll marked "AUTOMATIC CALIBLR 45" and the second L in caliber isn't a typo. What? I didn't even catch it for a couple weeks. But had it out to the woods shooting yesterday. And to me that means a detail strip , clean, examination and lube of any new pistol. At first I thought it was just my failing vision but under magnification, roll mark is exactly as posted above.

Not looking for ant Colt bashing, buy what you like. I'm a Colt guy, always have been and seems I always will be. But this is just weird. Will my grandson inherit an fortune or just a weird Colt? Just a rhetorical question actually, just seems weird to me. Other who have posted pics at TOOS, roll marks are spelled correctly. Curious more than anything. This couldn't be the only one marked this way , or could it?

If anyone cares enough, I can forward pics to either your email or text # Bill

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
7,772 Posts
Odd, but it wouldn't be the first time a rollmark was incorrect. I just looked at pics of a half dozen 1911Cs and they were all correct. I think you'll have to figure out a way to pony up some pics, everybody is going to want to 1911SEE that rollmark. ;)

·
Registered
7,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just got finished with clean up after 100 rounds of 230 fmj. Extractor swap and tune and today was flawless. The NM barrel ain't too shabby either. I really like the pistol, feels right and looks even better than my series70 repro. IMHO. A fellow said broken die on TOOS. Maybe but dam if its broken the "L" it created is identical to the other"L" in CALIBLR. Even under 40x magnification I see nothing odd in the letter, but he said broken die and who am I to disagree

Really wish I'd take the time to learn picture posting. The problem for me is uploading to our PC, once that's done I can and have loaded pics before. Just too many steps for me. I need a cheat sheet to accomplish trader rating @Addicts. Many thanks to sterling archer for the sticky

I've heard one can load directly from cell phone but I have a cheap phone and a buddy said its android. Don't know if that's the issue or not but really wish I could do pics.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.