close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

1911's that we regret getting rid of thread...

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by ajstrider, Sep 18, 2011.

1. ajstrider

ajstrider Active Member

Sep 15, 2011
    Well I have owned one 1911 in my past. I purchased a Kimber TLE II when they first came out. I really enjoyed that pistol but got rid of it so I could try some other pistols. It helped to show me what I do want on a 1911 though.

2. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    There are a few that I regret not getting rid of faster. The were Kimbers as well.. Ron

3. thecableguy

thecableguy I hate this addiction Supporting Addict

Aug 16, 2011
    :rofl:

None that I can think of. All went for one reason or another and none were collectibles. No regrets here.

4. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
    I haven't sold any of mine.

NewWaveGuy01 likes this.
  5. longhair

longhair New Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I have not sold any of mine, however, I did give a colt gold cup to my brother-in-law. No regrets whatsoever. He is a great guy, retired minister, and always wanted one. I considered it an honor to be able to do something for him as he has been a major influence in my life.

NewWaveGuy01 and cwoods like this.
  6. Wheezy

Wheezy Bullet Banger Supporting Addict

Aug 31, 2011
    Springfield V-10 Ultra Compact. Was my first 1911 and got rid of it like an ass.

7. Glock2740

Glock2740 1911 addict Staff Member Moderator

Aug 16, 2011
    OK. I'll play along. I wish I would've kept my very first 1911, a Norinco.

EXFI likes this.
  8. awpk03s

awpk03s Active Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I have sold several nice 1911s along the way. While I do wish sometimes I still had them - I am very much pleased with the 1911s that I bought with the funds from selling them, and for that I do not regret it.

9. Paladin

Paladin New Member

Sep 14, 2011
    All of my US Property 1911's.

10. Nakanokalronin

Nakanokalronin Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    I regret selling my first 1911, a SA Mil-Spec which was also the second gun I ever owned. It was the 1911 that I studied inside and out,taught me about the parts and how they work. It was also the first gun I fit any type of part to and all work was done by myself. Never had a single issue with it and although I've changed my tastes in grips and won't use drop-in beavertails anymore, it was an accurate piece that felt great in the hand.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Blayglock

Blayglock Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    Ive never felt bad about getting rid of a 1911. I have regretted getting rid of some Glock 19s because I always end up buying another one lol.

12. deadguy

deadguy Tom Petty Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
    only soild one, and don;t regret it. SA Combat Loaded. It helped fund a VBOB

13. Joe C

Joe C Custom Pistolsmith Sponsor

Sep 11, 2011
    Oh, there have only been a couple of hundred or so that I regretted selling...LOL! No, in all seriousness, I don't regret sending a new gun off to the owner. It is sad sometimes though because there have been quite a few over the years that would have been nice to just keep and use! But, perhaps the greater reward is when someone calls, e-mails or walks into the shop with their well loved 1911 built by my hands with some great stories of how it has served them and how much they have enjoyed it so much...that makes "getting rid" of them all the more worthwhile!

14. woodsong

woodsong New Member

Sep 18, 2011
    I gave my son my RIA Tactical -- it was my first 1911 (I've added a Kimber and a S&W). It had a nice, mechanical feel to it that I miss.

15. krawl

krawl Member

Sep 9, 2011
    I've sold more than a few that I "regret" but most were for good reasons or new toys.

16. Rinspeed

Rinspeed Member

Aug 22, 2011
    When I bought my Baer I sold a Kimber Custom II to help pay for it. That Kimber was a damn nice 1911.

17. Okie

Okie Member

Aug 18, 2011
    I got rid of a Kimber Classic Stainless. It was a hell of a gun, what pisses me off so bad is I sold it instead of my Glock 30:mad2:

18. IMChuc9775

IMChuc9775 Member

Aug 29, 2011
    [​IMG]

Blued SA loaded and Parked SA Champ...........I traded for my TRP Champion

I paid $572 NIB for the Blued Loaded WTF I will never find that deal again. It shot sooooo smooth and the trigger was so nice. But I am happy with the Champion.

19. Siggyboy

Siggyboy Member

Sep 17, 2011
    I regret selling my Les Baer TRS but at least I sold it to a buddy who still has it, so theoretically he may one day want to sell it back, lol.

20. Watarski

Watarski Member

Sep 18, 2011
    All of them.

In all seriousness, the Wilson CQB. While I liked the SRP, the Wilson was better finished...which made cleaning much easier and enjoyable.

I sold them all to fund a HK45 that I love and shoot just as accurately, but I'll be damned if I'm not back looking at 1911's.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted