1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am starting this thread in the “1911 Carry” section because I am curious to see what some of you are carrying on a daily basis when it comes to 1911s & watches. My girlfriend recently got me a very nice Tag Heuer Aquaracer for my birthday and it is the first nice watch I have ever owned. She did an amazing job selecting this one as it is exactly what I like: simple, high quality, a bit understated, but will likely still look classy in 30+ years. The last time I wore a watch was probably 10 years ago in Iraq and it was a tan digicam G-Shock. It feels good to have a nice watch on my wrist. I also realize that now, in addition to being addicted to nicer and nicer 1911s, I am now very likely becoming addicted to very nice watches. I see myself, in the next ten years or so, obtaining a nice Rolex, if I can swing it.

So let’s see some nice 1911s and watches. Feel free to post other daily carry gear as well, especially nice leather! I’ll kick things off:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reactions: Dddrees

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wilson ULCC, Sparks and DelFatti leather and Rolex Submariner. Pretty much everyday the only change is the holster, probably use the Criterion 80% of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Very nice. I really like that Sub!

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
View attachment 383007 Two of my favorite things, divers and 1911s. Congrats on the nice Tag! Here is my blue aquaracer with my favorite blue gun. The finish on the aquaracers is very nice for their price point. Unfortunately I cannot say the same thing about their movements, at least on mine.
Thank you. Very nice 1911 and watch. If I may ask, what issue(s) did you experience with your Tag?

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Cav Troopers Dad
1,889 Posts
Runs > 15 secs slow a day and doesn’t last long. Sent it back 2 or 3? Times under warranty and still same issue. The movement in them is not the best but it should perform better than mine, likely got a lemon.
I would find a good watch person locally and have them adjust it. I had a Tag that wouldn’t keep time for squat, sent back once and it was worse. Took it to a local jewelry store that repairs watches and he adjusted it, best $100.00 I’ve spent. That was 7 years ago, son has it now and says it still keeps great time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Runs > 15 secs slow a day and doesn’t last long. Sent it back 2 or 3? Times under warranty and still same issue. The movement in them is not the best but it should perform better than mine, likely got a lemon.
Interesting. So far mine seems to be keeping time well and is spot on from when I set it. Now granted, I have only had it a little over two weeks, so I will keep an eye on it and see how it continues to perform. I am sorry to hear about your troubles with yours.

Reactions: JM44

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I love Rolex, but can’t bring myself to purchase. Others who are not “watch people” may see it as very extravagant, and I’m in a business I don’t want to be seen that way with clients. I know they are a good watch. Maybe one day when I retire.

Here’s my fav watches, I usually carry an HK USp compact and my LB Commanche, so I won’t post it again.

Sinn 903 with a custom band made out of a 1952 Swiss ammo pouch:

Analog watch Product Brown Watch Glass

Wood Brown Hardwood Analog watch Tan

Planet Ocean:

Product Watch Analog watch Glass White

Product Watch Analog watch Glass White

Early 1990s Tudor Tiger with a rare factory linen dial:

Analog watch Product Watch Photograph White
Product Glass Watch Analog watch Font

1 - 20 of 252 Posts