1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been to the 1911ULTRA-TOOL website & clicked on & looked at their 1911 Bushing Wrench then clicked on VIDEOS and watch this tool in action.

Do yourself a favor & go look. I just replied to a thread about FL guide rod caps and shooting springs. Well no more if you buy one of these. As I told him, it's the best thing since sliced bread especially if you have a firearm that is tight.

For the price of a few boxes of ammo, I bought the professional model with all the caliber inserts. I just couldn't be happier! Do yourself a favor & at least look & watch the video on it, I think that you'll be happy that you did!

Good luck to all of you Addicts.

Jim D.

·
Edge of Glory
149 Posts
Has anyone been to the 1911ULTRA-TOOL website & clicked on & looked at their 1911 Bushing Wrench then clicked on VIDEOS and watch this tool in action.

Do yourself a favor & go look. I just replied to a thread about FL guide rod caps and shooting springs. Well no more if you buy one of these. As I told him, it's the best thing since sliced bread especially if you have a firearm that is tight.

For the price of a few boxes of ammo, I bought the professional model with all the caliber inserts. I just couldn't be happier! Do yourself a favor & at least look & watch the video on it, I think that you'll be happy that you did!

Good luck to all of you Addicts.

Jim D.
Quick question Jim.....when using the ultra tool, have you ever experienced not being able to turn the bushing? I ask as I purchased one a month ago and on several of my 1911's with very thin bushings, the tool under full pressure will seat below the face of the frame thus not allowing the tool to turn. I know which bushings will not work, so I just back the pressure off the tool a tad and it works fine.

If you disassemble your 1911 in this fashion, sure beats a bushing wrench.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
I especially liked the 2nd gun he dis assembled in the video with the big idiot scratch on it.
Sorry to be that guy about the video.
The tool looks interesting though!

Reactions: BCD 45 and Moad

·
Premium Member
4,892 Posts
Pretty cool..... I'll give it a try... If I find I can live without it.
Look for an ADDICTS "give away" ;)

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
thanks Jim

Reactions: BCD 45

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thanks for the heads up! I didn’t know that they were proactively updating it. I have a first generation one but stopped using it cause it would beat up the end of my spring plugs. Looks like they solved that issue on the newer model with the brass insert.

·
Premium Member
3,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Morning Addicts,

Ya'll are more than welcome. I like to share what I think is a helpful product with my forum friends.

I find this tool worth much more than the price especially with these old arthritic hands. A lot of the time these old hands don't want to work like they used to & this tool makes it pretty easy.

I hope you find this helpful.

Jim D.

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Morning Addicts,

Ya'll are more than welcome. I like to share what I think is a helpful product with my forum friends.

I find this tool worth much more than the price especially with these old arthritic hands. A lot of the time these old hands don't want to work like they used to & this tool makes it pretty easy.

I hope you find this helpful.

Jim D.
Just got it in and it works so well, thanks will help me out greatly.
20200407_005150.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,892 Posts
Got one yesterday and tried it on my most stubborn 1911. POOF!!!! It was unlocked.
Is it necessary? Absolutely not......
Does it do what it’s says it will?
Yep.
5A8EEA32-49D7-4185-A9B5-07DF66D3E517.jpeg

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
I have lots of time on my hands when it's raining. Since I have a lot of delrin and nylon rods lying around, I may try to build one (can always toss it in the trash if mine turns out to be junk) on my lathe. Does anyone know the distance between the bore CL and the plug CL?

·
Chief Steward of Man Law
660 Posts
Might have to order a Pro Bushing wrench. I like the idea behind it.

Reactions: BCD 45
1 - 20 of 66 Posts