1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here for your perusal is my British Government Contract 1917 .455 Eley Colt Government Model Pistol No. W 92124 which was 1 of 300 shipped to the London Armoury Company on March 30, 1917. Photos show British Military Crossed Pennants and Broad Arrow property and proof marks. Also shown is the .455 Eley magazine for the pistol.
Gun Firearm Trigger Gun accessory Metal
Metal Silver Revolver Still life photography Air gun

Product Gun Firearm Trigger Photograph
Product Gun Firearm Photograph Trigger
Product Gun Firearm Photograph Trigger

Attachments

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,798 Posts
A unicorn if ever I've seen one . . . .

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here are two British contract .455 Webley auto barrels for this pistol. You can see the groove cut into the barrel below the hood to accept the .455 Eley auto cartridge. Such barrels are often marked with a "W" on the bottom of the barrel as shown in the photos (or sometimes an "E") or with British military inspection and property marks such as the crossed pennants and Crown/E etc on the barrel links.
Attached Thumbnails
World Electric blue Metal Cylinder Sand
World Electric blue Metal Cylinder Sand
Blue Product Light Electric blue Azure

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here are photos of the 7-round packet of .455 Eley ammo dated January 30, 1919 and individual rounds with 1917 and 1918 head stamps issued for this pistol. Note the "Not for Revolvers" warning against using this ammo in the .455 Webley-Scott revolvers which took a different cartridge.
Pattern Paper product
Pattern Paper product

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.