1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
327C66F8-FA47-493D-AE27-B735856EC560.jpeg
013F84F4-601E-4646-B9E2-FAA9F78A6078.jpeg
Not looking for a collector piece but a cool chopper would be fun.
Found this and the serial number puts it at 1918. Slide is an Ithaca (mid-40s slide) No other markings visible.

awful coating that will be stripped and a simple blue to have a fun period-esq shooter. What would a value of the frame and slide alone. To build something similar from pieces would cost?

waiting on my FFL to confirm they will accept from a private party (Washington state is crazy) so figured I would ask up the question to the pros.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looks like a “P” below the magazine release. Which were mostly on WWII A1s does that mean it isn’t correct for a 1918?

·
Chambers Custom Owners Club
2,484 Posts
Are you ISO? If so I think I have a 1917 frame with 1918 mismatched slide.

·
Banned
3,637 Posts
Ser# 412853 Colt 1911. UR 1911

Year of Manufacture
Model
MODEL 1911 MILITARY

Pic of my 1918 getting a new Caspian Frame.

022 (2)_edited-2.JPG

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you ISO? If so I think I have a 1917 frame with 1918 mismatched slide.
Could be. Curious of what the value of this one is and authenticity with so few markings. No US property and No other of the common markings.

shoot me a PM with details on yours, pictures, and what you need for them.

·
Banned
3,637 Posts
Mine was Complete when I paid $200.00
I did think enough of it as a complete 1911
from 1918, that I put a new Caspian Classic frame
on it.

Today's prices are, well your guess is as good as mine. :)

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Could be. Curious of what the value of this one is and authenticity with so few markings. No US property and No other of the common markings.
I can't guess a dollar value beyond "not much."
Authenticity is zero, it has been scrubbed of most markings, lucky the serial number is still there.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep. That and I think the coating is thick covering other markings.

I was just looking for a period shooter and gun conversation piece. Not looking for value to increase over the years. I thought if I could get this cheap, strip the finish, clean and polish some parts, then re-blue it I would have a good looking fun shooter that would look and feel the part without spending the money on a collector piece that I would worry about shooting.

so that’s why I was looking at values of the frame and a I found slides to get that value. To see what it cost to build one instead.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
An authentic gun with 1943 slide on a 1918 frame would be an arsenal refurbished "mixmaster" and would be Parkerized with brown plastic grips. I have seen some Bubbasmithed jobs like yours "remilled" to at least look that way.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
If I had that, I would sent it out to get stripped and parkerized, and find a set of those brown plastic WWII era grips. The CMP is getting about $1000 for those 1911s that were in storage. You would then have a 1911 equal in value to the re-arsenal 1911A1s they are selling.

·
Registered
319 Posts
The 4 on the triggerguard is for the Colt worker that assembled the pistol.

No USP would be enough for me to forget it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts