1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a 1920 Colt Commercial 1911 for sale locally. The finish I’m told is original but there is very little left. The slide looks to be period correct but I am unsure if the slide number matches the frame and the stocks look pretty obviously replaced at some point but I bet some stags would look nice.

I would be interested in hearing your opinions on it and if there is anything I should look out for as well as a value.

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,036 Posts
Very nice!

I’m in for the info

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I doubt it HAS a "slide serial number." GIs didn't get the serial number under the firing pin stop until 1937.

It will take better pictures and an expert to pronounce on originality.

What is it to be FOR?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Price on these is based on originality and condition. Condition looks rough, if your able to disassemble it this site can help with originality.

http://coltautos.com/1911gm.htm

What is the asking price?

I’m not sure if I’ll be able to disassemble it.

He’s asking $1250 but I don’t think he’s firm on the price.

Here are the rest of the pictures that I have...

·
Registered
319 Posts
No definite date or serial number when Colt started numbering the slides of commercials, but in the 1920 time frame between C127000 and C130000.

Look at back of slide and frame. Soft from buffing. Reblued and grips not original. $1250 way too high.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No definite date or serial number when Colt started numbering the slides of commercials, but in the 1920 time frame between C127000 and C130000.

Look at back of slide and frame. Soft from buffing. Reblued and grips not original. $1250 way too high.
Good eye!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts