1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,848 Posts
Fair to say, but some guys wanna go fast in an old car not a new one, the heart wants what the heart wants. But my statement about that gun stands, if we look at serious Colt Collectors (read guys with collections of the same $ize as ifsprings or better, but in stock Colts), they will walk right past that gun at a show as it just lacks some condition and its original box, they made over 16.5K 38 Supers in 1947, they are not rare, hard to find in that condition? Sure, but if a guy wants an early post war Custom Colt, I enthusiastically endorse that, and starting with better guns can often yield better guns.

I think the OP 'gets it' and feels the tug at his heart to cut on this gun, because versus a new base, it is just 'built different' as the hip kids say. I would also wager, if he wanted to be a serious Colt Collector, he could find and afford a boxed version of this gun. I take no offense Lisa, it's a very common reaction we get to cutting up these guns, but I have a half dozen or more pre 70 38's in the safe to build for guys so, they are only getting rare-er :p , the 56 in its original box will only hurt a little, like the 62 Factory Nickel one did when it went to the plater for stripping.
Put a new barrel on it with a classic double D compensator, it'll shoot like a 22. An itch I got from shooting Mickey's years ago.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts