·
Registered
Ask me about faith...
1,124 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Boy, I love those guys, they murdered that out, it looks amazing considering if it was as rough as you claim most smiths would not had touched it.

Wow, Chen TS too ?
Thanks. Yes, Chen thumb safety. I have both the Chen ts & gs on another gun. Great parts!

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
i don’t mean to be hypercritical, but I’m genuinely curious to see if something prevented it given the guns age…

but why didn’t they blend the rear of frame/ejector to the slide before serrating, especially if welding/ref-fitting?

Rock-climbing equipment Personal protective equipment Electric blue Webbing Strap

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
i don’t mean to be hypercritical, but I’m genuinely curious to see if something prevented it given the guns age…

but why didn’t they blend the rear of frame/ejector to the slide before serrating, especially if welding/ref-fitting?

View attachment 903770
This may be a case of my bad photo skills & oil. Here is a photo during the blending. It is very nicely put together, especially knowing how bad it was before. At one point in its life, the rails were peened over improve the slide to fame fit. It was not pretty. If it did improve the fit, I would have hated to see what it was like before hand.
Personal protective equipment Automotive design Wood Strap Bumper

·
Registered
Ask me about faith...
1,124 Posts
I was able to pick this up yesterday at Evolution Armory. I've had this 1950 as a base gun for a few years. I wanted to use it for a full build, but it was a bit of a basket case. Dave went above & beyond to address all the issues this thing had (and it had a lot). I am blown away with how it came out. Working with Dave & Mark is always a pleasure.

Here is a partial list of improvements.
-Frame welded up & new slide to frame fit
-Flat top & double arrow serrations
-New cocking serrations cut
-Ball cuts
-Dehorn & carry bevels
-40lpi rear of slide serrations
-Lower & flair ejection port
-new sight dovetails
-custom Evo front sight with large SDM gold bead (sight blended to slide)
-Kart Bbl flush cut & beveled
-Harrison Ignition parts
-Lines straightened
-Pete Single undercut & 30lpi front strap checkering
-FBI mod slide stop & beveled slide stop hole
-matching MSH
-Chen grip safety
-Polished Ion Bond finish
-Beveled mag well
-Woodcaliber Ebony grips

Sorry for the lint & blurry photos.
View attachment 903179 View attachment 903182
View attachment 903185
H View attachment 903187
Honestly this is how Colts should come out of the box. This is dream when you buy a Colt…. And will someone call over to CZ and tell them to please go back to these roll marks if they want to make money on Colts…. They’d have a wait list like NH..

And huge Kudos to the Op and Evolution Armory for bringing us this eye candy!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Congrats!! I'd love one exactly like it. Superb job on slide polish and finish. (y) (y)

21 - 40 of 45 Posts