1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
7,810 Posts
All that and real pearl grips, too?! Quite a prize. Are you missing the barrel bushing as well as the recoil spring plug?

·
7,810 Posts
Got any more info on the gun?

·
7,810 Posts
You should put some effort into finding out who did the engraving, knowing that could add a lot of value to the gun, especially if it was a factory engraver. You might post it on the Colt forum and ask for help there.

ETA - And don't change anything on it, don't mess with the finish, don't change the sights, don't try to remove the grips for fear of breaking them, old pearl can be very delicate. The value of that gun hinges on keeping it as original as possible.
Got any more pictures?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You should put some effort into finding out who did the engraving, knowing that could add a lot of value to the gun, especially if it was a factory engraver. You might post it on the Colt forum and ask for help there.

ETA - And don't change anything on it, don't mess with the finish, don't change the sights, don't try to remove the grips for fear of breaking them, old pearl can be very delicate. The value of that gun hinges on keeping it as original as possible.
Got any more pictures?
I will add more pics

·
Registered
Ask me about faith...
1,504 Posts
It’s mine and not for sale. I will look into contacting colt. Thanks
Please update us and on the provenance and history of this gun if you find out. It's a beautiful piece. Makes me think of the Colts that Texas Ranger suggested like the ones "Lone Wolf" Gonzaullas used to carry..
Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Wood
Wood Everyday carry Gun accessory Metal Gun barrel

Font Rectangle Everyday carry Revolver Wood

Ahh...a by gone era...

Reactions: WC145
1 - 20 of 21 Posts