1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am curious if anybody knows how many Colt Commanders were produced 1955? I picked up a well used one from a pawn shop and before I purchased it I googled around but couldn't find much info on the prices for Commanders from the 1950's.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
About 2000.

Goggle = Google ?
Only 2000, I guess that's why I couldn't find any for sale to get a figure on what I should have paid. Its rather worn looking, but I am happy with it anyway.

BTW blame my spelling checker for the Goggle vs. Google error!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info, I wasn't looking for a collectors item. I wanted a 1911 style pistol to play with and preferred a Colt, but Colt prices were a little high compared to other brands. I stumbled upon this Commander and it was rather nasty looking, but the price seemed right and I didn't really know if it was fairly priced. I ran the SN# through the Colt lookup and found out it was a 1955 model an thought it may have been a little older than what I was looking for. We settled on a price and home it went. Pawn shops are mixed bag for pricing.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
If you look at Clawson's book, during 1954 32200-LW to 36500-LW were produced. During 1955 Colt made 35300-LW to 37300-LW and during 1956 they made 37200-LW to 38450-LW.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts