1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
SKGRIPS.COM
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This gun was built by SA for the 1962 season at Perry, it was unsold and restamped "SA" for the second time and returned for the 1963 season, and sold. 1962 builds were the only year to utilize the Micro rear sight, this gun has all the correct stamping and numbers per Jenkins Military/Competition book. These guns were of the few documented Armory built guns.
$1750
IMG_1841.jpeg
IMG_2002.jpeg
IMG_3913.jpeg
IMG_3988.jpeg
IMG_4954.jpeg
IMG_5058.jpeg
IMG_5480.jpeg
IMG_7042.jpeg

·
SKGRIPS.COM
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The majority were parkerized, My discussions conclude that there were some blued, especially possible for those returned for non sale. Theres no way to know for certain.

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
Is it a hardball gun or wad cutter only? I have a 1961 NM Colt and it is wad cutter gun, but fritzing with spring combos can make it OK to run hardball, according to a well known smith, in whom I place a great deal of trust.

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
Can you see the extractor "shaft" from the bottom of the slide, the groove on the bottom, behind the extractor claw and the breach face will be somewhat opened up. They're known as lightening cuts.

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
Can you supply a photo of the inside of slide, from the breach face back to the firing pin stop ? The bottom inside of the slide?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts