1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some advice as I can't make up my mind.

A friend has a 1965 Colt Government Model that was customized by Bob Chow in 1966, it has all of the stampings on the inside of the slide and the barrel and barrel bushing are stamped. It has the original factory bluing and it's in beautiful condition.
The trigger is incredible, the slide is super smooth and when you manually cock the hammer it sounds and feels like a Python .

I can also get a Dan Wesson Valor for the same price.
My question is which would be the better quality pistol and also be easier to sell if I ever decided to.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Ones more of a safe queen due to age. Nothing wrong with collecting, but I place priority on use...I’d go DW.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Much as I love Dan Wessons, they are not hard to find.

I'd get the Colt, no question.
I'm kinda thinking the same way.
I've wanted a Dan Wesson Valor for a long time but I'm starting to get interested in the older custom 1911's and this Bob Chow is super nice and you just don't see them come up for sale.

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
6,830 Posts
This one is a no brainer. There is a finite number of Chow built guns out there and here you have one available to you for the same price as one more Dan Wesson that are rolling off the assembly line every day. I've never had a Chow but I've had Behlerts, Hoags, Clark Srs, Krebs, and other vintage custom 1911s and a DW will never be the same as holding history in your hands. Buy the Chow.

·
Premium Member
5,286 Posts
That's exactly what I would tell you to do! ^^^^

Next!!!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts