1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Colt 1911 Government
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just fired it again on the range, and it is good. It may have been made in 1969, and it shoots as well as the new stuff. The trigger is perfect. It's quick but not too quick.

I had it lettered by the S&W Historical Foundation many years ago. It was shipped on 5-7-1969 to Berm's Wholesale Sporting Goods Co. in Denver, CO.

Here:
Product Brown Gun Firearm Photograph

Product Brown Gun Photograph Firearm

I have no clue how it got to me in GA.

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
7,829 Posts
I just fired it again on the range, and it is good. It may have been made in 1969, and it shoots as well as the new stuff. The trigger is perfect. It's quick but not too quick.

I had it lettered by the S&W Historical Foundation many years ago. It was shipped on 5-7-1969 to Berm's Wholesale Sporting Goods Co. in Denver, CO.

Here: View attachment 375851

View attachment 375853

I have no clue how it got to me in GA.
That's a beauty!

·
Colt 1911 Government
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Beautiful revolver, I have been shooting mine in DA alot more lately. Here is my girl in 5".

That is called a proud pin (you see the the front pin). It's really nice. S&W used a pin to fix all front sights. Many were sanded down so you can't see them, and the rest show and are called proud pins.

Here is my 5"
Brown Tan Metal Photography Still life photography

It is in nickel and lettered to 11-22-1960. It's been fired a few times, but it is mostly a safe king.

You will see that it has two proud pins on the front sight. It also has the box.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.