1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been going back and forth with what to do with this gun, keep it, sell it, or trade it, so I've decided to try all three. I'd prefer a trade but if that doesn't work out then a possible sale, or if not that I don't mind putting this one back in the safe. It's in great condition with only a light idiot scratch as the major blem, and a little old grime on the barrel hood and the hammer, which I've shown in the pictures. I'll also disassemble it and add more photos on request. I'd send this with one original Colt magazine.

TRADE - I'm pretty set on these specific guns, but I'm always open to see what people have, there are some hidden gems out there. This wouldn't necessarily be a straight across trade, cash could make up the difference either way depending on model, condition, etc. Base guns, stock, collector, or custom would all be considered.
  • Any 1969 model year Colt
  • Colt Series70 Combat Commander 45 ACP or 38 Super
  • Colt Series70 Government (Large Letter) .38 Super

SELL - If I can't find a trade that works I'm willing to sell. The catch is, understanding that the market is a little soft right now, my asking price might be a little high. That said, I'll also accept offers but I may not be willing to negotiate much because l don't really mind going with my third option to just keep it for now, it's pretty nice. I'd like to let this run for a few days at least, if not longer, to try and find my trade, but as I understand the rules of the forums since I'm posting a price, if somebody posts publicly that they'll take it, I'll be compelled to jump straight to this option.

$2150 shipped, multiple pay methods accepted, including cc.

Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gas Gun accessory

Air gun Trigger Revolver Bicycle part Tool

Rectangle Eye glass accessory Wood Line Material property

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

Product Air gun Everyday carry Material property Wood

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

Air gun Everyday carry Gun accessory Composite material Metal

Wood Gun accessory Gas Automotive exterior Auto part

Cylinder Wood Nickel Gun accessory Composite material

·
Premium Member
7,766 Posts
Lots of interest on this one.........

Food Jaw Hat Organism Gesture

·
Registered
6,331 Posts
If it was a 72 or if it was December instead of May this would be coming to Kali

Reactions: Murphy08

·
Registered
Ask me about faith...
1,452 Posts
I'm just wondering when someone thinks to fit a .38 Super barrel to this and runs it as a 9/38S combo.... It's in really nice condition.. Heck get NHC to do this and the new price starts with a 3...
GLWS!

Reactions: simonp

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Guys I'm working in the yard today so just stopped by to check in. To everybody who has pm'd me so far, I've seen them and I'll reply later this evening when I have some time to sit. Thanks for all the interest, even if this is a hard one to consider letting go, harder still after revisiting the thread.

·
Premium Member
7,766 Posts
I'm just wondering when someone thinks to fit a .38 Super barrel to this and runs it as a 9/38S combo
GLWS!
I thought of that but my "78" can't extract an unfired round with factory ejector. The round is too long.

Reactions: Ravenor

·
Registered
Ask me about faith...
1,452 Posts
I thought of that but my "78" can't extract an unfired round with factory ejector. The round is too long.
Hmm... Interesting... Wonder if that's a spec thing on these older Colts.. Thank you for that input... Worth exploring...

·
Registered
"A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses". George Orwell
599 Posts

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
So close but the wrong caliber. GLWS

·
Enabler
3,543 Posts
Hmmm, it's my year.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts