1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,252 Posts
Looks like a good deal.

However, I would be damn careful dealing with ArmsList. There have been many fraudulent listings there over the years. Proceed carefully, ask the seller to provide a pic with the pistol, showing serial number, with a written note of your wording. Will show proof of ownership.

Personally, the risk isn’t worth the reward with ArmsList

·
Get off my lawn...
17,465 Posts
The Big letter Colts have their own following. I personally, prefer the smaller roll marks (but that’s just me). $1,100.00 although not a great deal, considering the additional stocks and carry holsters (not depicted) is a good starting point. On the down side, it has a take down scrach, and a good deal of external wear. On the positive side, it has the box, and appears to be in original condition. It might be nice to see the other side of the pistol. Keep in mind the overall market is currently in the tank. Buyers Market...

·
chicken wings
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’m fairly lucky in having mostly positive experiences on ArmsList. I typically follow my gut and if it seems too good to be true or feels off, I just don’t show up.
Looks like a good deal.

However, I would be damn careful dealing with ArmsList. There have been many fraudulent listings there over the years. Proceed carefully, ask the seller to provide a pic with the pistol, showing serial number, with a written note of your wording. Will show proof of ownership.

Personally, the risk isn’t worth the reward with ArmsList

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Personally, after verification of all claims, I'd be in the $7-900 range, tops. Yeah, I'm a cheap SOB.....which may be why I have over 80 of 'em in the safes. That one has just too much wear and tear for my liking at that price. Dad taught me that anyone with enough money can buy something - the key is to make a deal that works for your wallet.

Reactions: fallenangelhim

·
chicken wings
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like your pops!
Personally, after verification of all claims, I'd be in the $7-900 range, tops. Yeah, I'm a cheap SOB.....which may be why I have over 80 of 'em in the safes. That one has just too much wear and tear for my liking at that price. Dad taught me that anyone with enough money can buy something - the key is to make a deal that works for your wallet.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I like your pops!
Thanks....I really miss him, but he taught me a LOT about what it takes to be a MAN - which revolves around being someone that holds to their word about all else.

Reactions: 41 Charlie
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.